Is Saturday air driver the best job at UPS?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Our porters (janitors) hold full-time, top pay union positions.

I use to tell people that UPS is the only company where you aspire to be a janitor.

That is, until I went into feeders!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I dunno about that... Living in a truck for days at a time with a coworker and no showers... YUCK. :dead: I'd rather go home daily. Those tractors are pretty sweet, though.
Guys I know that do the sleeper jobs actually do get to take showers. They stop at certain truck stops. And from what Ive been told they are pretty decent when it comes to the bathing facilities. The sleeper gig takes a little getting used too from what I was told. I like coming home everyday too but wouldn't rule out giving the big road a try.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Our porters (janitors) hold full-time, top pay union positions.

I use to tell people that UPS is the only company where you aspire to be a janitor.

That is, until I went into feeders!
That sounds like me, driver.... I used to envy the guy who drove around in our building on the floor cleaning machine(sorta like a mini Zamboni)after the package cars all left. I used to tell everyone that I was going to bid that job next. Woulda got me off of the street:wink2: I woulda took a paycut too.

some1else

//Guys I know that do the sleeper jobs actually do get to take showers. They stop at certain truck stops. And from what Ive been told they are pretty decent when it comes to the bathing facilities.//

make sure if someone taps your foot from the next stall you dont tap back...