is there a GPS APP that can queue up multiple stops?

cb1969

It's called a Professional Drivers Atlas...gps will never be that accurate...do you really have time to type in 200 addresses?? I use one from www.themapshop.com otherwise you have to pay for the gps unit that calculates up to 30 was the most that I saw would calculate...the problem is they don't calculate the best way to run it...same will be with orion

Tough Guy

I figure when it's time to start driving, i'd upgrade to a smart phone (currently don't have one), and get a GPS app as a failsafe. Particularly if I'm delivering airs that need to be there by a certain time.

You realize, the OP did say as a helpful tool for "learning new routes". I would take a paper map as insurance as well. But I'd like the idea of having a gps of some sort with me, just incase I do infact lose my way and quickly need to get back on track.

Tough Guy

Though, I've also resolved, that if I'm fortunate enough to know in advance, what routes I would be sent to, that I would go up to that area in my own car and drive around for an hour or two, just to try and familiarize myself with the area as much as possible. Probably not feasible with everyone, as a lot of cover drivers can be anywhere from timbuktu and back.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You realize, the OP did say as a helpful tool for "learning new routes". I would take a paper map as insurance as well. But I'd like the idea of having a gps of some sort with me, just incase I do infact lose my way and quickly need to get back on track.

We know what he meant. As seasoned drivers we all have done this before. Granted, consumer GPS is relatively new, but the paper map is still the constant norm. As said, it's far easier to keep a page open and have it readily available on your dash. With GPS you will spend most of your day punching addresses. PLus it will kill your battery.
Going out and feeling out the route is good and all but nothing helps you learn a route better than actual road time delivering and searching for your destinations. You will never really learn it if you have a GPS voice chirping at you where to go. Street signs and roadmaps are the best way.

opie

Many air and Saturday air drivers use GPS. Since air drivers cover a bigger area, and usually multiple towns, GPS can be a great help.

Indecisi0n

I am very technologically inclined and as a casual I found no such app to exist. I searched everywhere and even tried some paid versions at the time and nothing. I did it because I was trying to be the best as a casual. Now that I'm FT I could careless. I map things in my head and just try to run them the best I know how. If I make a mistake oh well.

Overpaid Union Thug

I learned my first two routes with old school maps. Then smart phones and gps map apps came out about the same time as EDD was installed. I stick to using my phone now because I like being able to tap on streets in the app and seeing the number breaks. And real map can be cumbersome and annoying even if you take the pages out and laminate them. I'd have to say that GPS and EDD has helped me learn areas and whole routes much faster than the maps and no EDD did.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The last few months before I retired, I had some weird splits tossed on my route that I hadn't run in years. I admit that I did look at Google Maps now and then if I didn't remember a street or road.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The last few months before I retired, I had some weird splits tossed on my route that I hadn't run in years. I admit that I did look at Google Maps now and then if I didn't remember a street or road.

well yeah, I use that sometimes if I have some new stuff. But I don't put stuff in stop for stop. I use it to find the street and then search and destroy.

Theking30

SHORTY
I just drive around till I find it. Not spending my money to make the company more money. Do not give sups high expectations and you life will be better in the long run.