ISIS aka The Islamic State

Babagounj

Strength through joy
bush-obama-iraq.jpg

wkmac

Donald Rumsfeld recently gave an interview with The Times of London (article behind paywall but covered here, here, here among others) in which it's reported he questioned the invasion of Iraq as it pertains to creating a democracy.

It seems now Rumsfeld is "advising and extending" his remarks per this piece in The Guardian.

And another view to consider can be found in Meet The Generals Who Spoke Out Against Rumfeld which from that perspective can be enlightening. Here are The Seven who dare to speak. In a few respects, it seems to echo the voice of Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell's Chief of Staff not just when he was Sec. of State but also when Powell was head of the Joint Chiefs.

av8torntn

Donald Rumsfeld recently gave an interview with The Times of London (article behind paywall but covered here, here, here among others) in which it's reported he questioned the invasion of Iraq as it pertains to creating a democracy.

It seems now Rumsfeld is "advising and extending" his remarks per this piece in The Guardian.

And another view to consider can be found in Meet The Generals Who Spoke Out Against Rumfeld which from that perspective can be enlightening. Here are The Seven who dare to speak. In a few respects, it seems to echo the voice of Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell's Chief of Staff not just when he was Sec. of State but also when Powell was head of the Joint Chiefs.

It had been widely rumored that he opposed the war from the beginning and strongly. advocated support for financial support for those that opposed Saddam. After Iran-Contra I can't imagine why a president would oppose that. Now after Lybia I can't see any reasonable person supporting that approach.

wkmac

As almost in wrestling caricature, we are presented with a new "Heel" for us to hate on and be very afraid of. Next is for the program MC aka Gordon Solie or Lance Russell, to bring out the heroic "Babyface" in order to remind us all is well and everything is under control so we can get back to keeping up with the more important things like what Caitlyn Jenner had for breakfast today.

Imparting some wisdom from Col. Wilkerson, did Blackwater in effect enable both sides of the conflict and then how does that on the general ledger bottom line benefit Blackwater among others? And yes, I know Blackwater no longer exists under that name.

ISIS Colonel Was Trained by Blackwater and U.S. State Department for 11 Years

av8torntn

As almost in wrestling caricature, we are presented with a new "Heel" for us to hate on and be very afraid of. Next is for the program MC aka Gordon Solie or Lance Russell, to bring out the heroic "Babyface" in order to remind us all is well and everything is under control so we can get back to keeping up with the more important things like what Caitlyn Jenner had for breakfast today.

Imparting some wisdom from Col. Wilkerson, did Blackwater in effect enable both sides of the conflict and then how does that on the general ledger bottom line benefit Blackwater among others? And yes, I know Blackwater no longer exists under that name.

ISIS Colonel Was Trained by Blackwater and U.S. State Department for 11 Years

That crushes the point that ISIS exists because Bush didn't give them jobs.

wkmac

That crushes the point that ISIS exists because Bush didn't give them jobs.

Humor aside, are you accusing me of making that argument or is this to the broader discussion?

I will say that Bush Iraq policy enabled AQI (Al Qaeda in Iraq) to come to fruition but can't say the point of the policy was to the ends of creating AQI. On other fronts I'm open to the hypothesis but it's way to early to reach hard and fast conclusions. Being AQI became and is now known as ISIS, one can take the rest from there.

Al Qaeda sprang out of the fertile seed bed of Sunni Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia along with the Saud royal family cultivated by British Intel officer St. John Philby and from that seed bed did Al Qaeda and thus ISIS emerge. If one is going to blame Bush for creating Al Qaeda and thus ISIS, one has to blame FDR as well in which his agreement with King Saud at Bitter Lake to protect the Kingdom and the Wahhabist version of Islam in concession for oil interests has now proven most destructive to the Middle East and Western Civilization.

Also raises the question, were the Middle East dictators like in Iraq and under the Shah in Iran enabled and backed to truth out of interest for protecting Saudi Arabia? Thus begs the question, on whose behalf actually was the War in Iraq and the continuous saber rattling in Iran actually for? Israel also focused almost exclusively on the side of Shia Islam (Iran and Syria) as opposed to the Arab Sunni brand of Wahhabism which is more dangerous IMO?

Just seems to me the deeper one looks under the surface narratives we are told, the more contradictions come to the surface.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
War isn't a game. That's the only correct thing that I've seen you post on this site. Congratulations.

it isnt YOUR game bro. Hopefully that clarifies it. You know nothing about policy or decision making. You dont invest that far into military operations. You are a follower, a believer of fantasy when it comes to war.

You went "ALL IN" on Shock and Awe, only to be left with egg on your face 8 years later with 10,000 US military personnel dead and 2500 contractors killed, and an economy destroyed.

Today, you sing the same tune, because the idiots who led you down the road to two wars, want to lead you down that road again.

Hopefully, they do.

TOS.

av8torntn

it isnt YOUR game bro. Hopefully that clarifies it. You know nothing about policy or decision making. You dont invest that far into military operations. You are a follower, a believer of fantasy when it comes to war.

You went "ALL IN" on Shock and Awe, only to be left with egg on your face 8 years later with 10,000 US military personnel dead and 2500 contractors killed, and an economy destroyed.

Today, you sing the same tune, because the idiots who led you down the road to two wars, want to lead you down that road again.

Hopefully, they do.

TOS.

From reading your posts it really appears that you are the one with fantasies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Still just making things up as you go I see.

All you got to do is review all your posts. Pretty clear to see.

Speaking of terrorists being created by the USA... maybe you should try reading this little gem of a report..

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012...and-saudi-backing-of-al-qaeda-led-to-911.html

Maybe you will rethink your concept that both wars were legitimate and no terrorists were created out of them. I doubt you have the comprehension for it though.

TOS.

av8torntn

All you got to do is review all your posts. Pretty clear to see.

Speaking of terrorists being created by the USA... maybe you should try reading this little gem of a report..

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012...and-saudi-backing-of-al-qaeda-led-to-911.html

Maybe you will rethink your concept that both wars were legitimate and no terrorists were created out of them. I doubt you have the comprehension for it though.

TOS.

No blog post will prove your false claims of 10,000 American deaths in Iraq.

Not surprising you try to change the subject.

av8torntn

Why not take some time from flame throwing, and examine the record in Iraq, the whos who of players, the whys and why nots...

Maybe it will help you take off the blinders that BUSH and his cronies started two wars because they wanted to protect America?

https://www.thesleuthjournal.com/is...error-blackwater-commander-is-coming-for-you/

TOS.

There you go arguing with yourself over again. You claimed Bush created ISIS because he didn't give them jobs. Now you claim he created ISIS as their job. Bawhahahahhah

You are one comical dude.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There you go arguing with yourself over again. You claimed Bush created ISIS because he didn't give them jobs. Now you claim he created ISIS as their job. Bawhahahahhah

You are one comical dude.

What isnt surprising is your lack of knowledge on the subjects of war, consequences and occurences.

keep blabbering , if that makes you feel better.

TOS.

av8torntn

You are not well educated, are you?

Does one need to be highly educated to know someone is a liar when they claim 10,000 U.S. Service members died in Iraq?

I've noticed that most radical leftists think they have some type of ostentatious intelligence so feel free to break down the 10,000 U.S. Service member death number for me.