Israeli Invasion

Was the Israeli invasion the right thing to do?

• Yes: Any other country would have responded the same way

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No: Should have exhausted all political options first

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UPS Lifer

I am just wondering.... If we had missiles strikes from another country into our cities, how long would it take for us to retaliate? Or any other country for that matter?

It is hard for me to imagine that there are those who would turn the other cheek and watch our cities bombed!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am just wondering.... If we had missiles strikes from another country into our cities, how long would it take for us to retaliate? Or any other country for that matter?

It is hard for me to imagine that there are those who would turn the other cheek and watch our cities bombed!
About 2 secs.

chev

Nightcrawler
Enough is enough. Israel has a right to stop the daily threats against it's citizens. Hamas is just like every other Islamic terrorist faction. They place their military infrastructure in the middle of the civilian population and then cry foul when they have civilian casualties. These wankers hide behind children. I hope Israeli ground troops wipe Hamas off the map and give the decent Palestinian and Israeli citizens some peace. Honestly I don't think that is going to happen as long as terrorist nations like Iran continue to feed "fuel" into the fire. :dissapointed:
When push comes to shove, Hamas is responsible for the instability in the region. These animals don't know the meaning of cease fire. They refuse to offer security to their people in the way of peace with Israel. I think if they could do that, the sanctions would be lifted and life/prosperity could move forward in Palestine.
It really sucks that there are civilian casualties. I don't draw pleasure from the death of innocents, but I sure do love to see the terrorists blown to bits.:devil3:

Last edited:

av8torntn

Israel, unlike the ones they are fighting, do not want to hurt, injure or kill civilians. this is why they have not gone full force yet. their enemy hide among the innocent, the women and children. real heros huh??????

This is the problem with Israel. They think the enemies of Israel are hiding among women and children when in fact these women and children are also the enemies of Israel. They will never solve their problems with Hamas or any of these other Muslim terrorist organizations with a measured, limited military response. The only way is to use force to eliminate the threat. They have given these Muslim terrorist organizations all types of political concessions including land, power, and the release of prisoners. All political solutions have failed time after time. These limited restrained military actions have also failed time after time. The time is now for Israel to get serious and eliminate this terrorist threat.

705red

Browncafe Steward

That would be a first in a long time, since pearl harbor i believe. We are usually the ones firing on to others!

Its only a matter of time before we get involved and run to aid another ally of ours.

There will never be piece in the Gaza strip!

I am a proud American, but i also am a huge fan of history. And while we might be the big dog on campus now, history has shown that every big dog has fallen in the past! You cant rule the world forever while creating enemies everywhere you go! And you cant win a war like how its being fought in Iraq or Israel, its hard to beat an enemy who's hatred is so deep they are willing to die for it!

Overpaid Union Thug

This is the problem with Israel. They think the enemies of Israel are hiding among women and children when in fact these women and children are also the enemies of Israel. They will never solve their problems with Hamas or any of these other Muslim terrorist organizations with a measured, limited military response. The only way is to use force to eliminate the threat. They have given these Muslim terrorist organizations all types of political concessions including land, power, and the release of prisoners. All political solutions have failed time after time. These limited restrained military actions have also failed time after time. The time is now for Israel to get serious and eliminate this terrorist threat.

One day Israel is going to get so fed up with all this and just become ruthless in their methods. People think they are pretty harsh now but they aren't. I know a guy that was in the SAS (google it if you don't know what it is) and he's told me a few stories about his minimal, yet, unforgettable training he had along side the Israeli special ops teams leading up to the first Gulf War. Well, let's just say that they may have some of the technology we have (lazer guided bombs for example) that help minimize civilian casualties but have always been prepared, and willing, to go after targets with disregard for collateral damage. They train for it. If they don't start bringing the heat on these terrorists they'll eventually find themselves in the position where they'll be forced to stop regarding collateral damage.

av8torntn

nt rule the world forever while creating enemies everywhere you go! And you cant win a war like how its being fought in Iraq or Israel, its hard to beat an enemy who's hatred is so deep they are willing to die for it!

Sure we can just look at the win in Iraq as an example since you are a fan of history.

Edit to add for clarity. We invaded Iraq a country run by a terrorist organization (Baath). We did not finish the job much like Israel has done withdrew early. We tried later with with an even weaker commander in chief to use precise strikes which also failed much like Israel has tried. We tried numerous political efforts (oil for food, sanctions) which all failed. Israel has tried numerous political efforts (prisoner release, land grants, sanctions) which all failed. We finally tried full scale military action which has been very successful in the elimination of the terrorist Baath organization. Israel should learn from this and use full military action and stop playing around and eliminate this terrorist threat to its nation and citizens.

Last edited:

av8torntn

If they don't start bringing the heat on these terrorists they'll eventually find themselves in the position where they'll be forced to stop regarding collateral damage.

The problem is this collateral damage you speak of should not be considered as such. These people are not non combatants. They are members of and they support Hamas.

spuman

Does anyone else think that war has become to politicly correct?

I'm not a big advocate or war but if your gonna do it I say go in

and exterminate the enemy with extreme predudice.How sad of

me to think like that but sending young men and women into a

:censored2: storm to draw fire is the alternitive.

Browndog23

Absolutely Israel has every right to invade and kill every islamic terrorist who hides behind woman and children! they have put up with a lot of crap since 1948.And as a nation ,they are still, God's chosen people.regardless.
They have the right to the land that God gave them.And need to ,not give anymore away in exchange for peace(it does not work).

browndevil

We used to have a local Congresswoman, Cynthia McKinney, who is one of these people. She was on a yacht the other day delivering "relief supplies" that ran a blockade and was rammed by an Isreali Navy boat. Thankfully, she finally got voted out of office here. She was one of those conspiracy nuts that thinks Bush bombed the World Trade Center, among a lot of other ridiculous things. Last I heard, she was in California running for President under the Green Party. She can stay there as far as I'm concerned.
Isn't she the one that got in an altercation with security at congess for not wearing her lapel pin that identifies congresspersons?

wkmac

I find polls a complete waste of time but on the subject matter itself, here's another POV.

http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=14001

I do agree with Red that to even have a chance to understand this entire issue, one has to understand the history of it from the promise given to Abraham in Genesis through the Balfour Declaration and the post WW1 British Palestane mandate to the present era. Even understanding the apocalyptic end times thinking of Jesus' day (we got nothing on those folks) plays into marking and making the history that shapes thinking in centuries to come even into our own day.

History shows the means to maintain an empire stands on the empires means to pay for it all. Empires of old made conquests to capture gold and to enslave and transport populations back to the home state for re-education if you will. We no longer do neither in modern empires and warfare and thus the aquilles heel to our efforts as some might suggest.

We neither obtain gold from our conquests (at least in the overt manner of old) nor do we transport national populations to foreign lands to pacify the population base and assimulate them into our cultures. Example 600 BC jewish dispora into Babylon which completely changed the face of Israelite culture and religous ideals. Now that we ourselves lack the monies to continue the empirical efforts, our leaders will falsify the efforts of economy with the mask of hyper-inflation. This too, IMO will in the long run end in failure and leave our nation in a crumpled heap that no one trusts and rightly so!

JMO.

spuman

That was a good article and had some valid points but it didn't say

anything about strapping a bomb to a child and sending them into

the market place.Imagine going anywhere through out your day

(work,the store, a resteraunt whatever)and getting blown up just

because someone hates you.Sometimes I think if they put their

resources into peaceful solutions rather than war and violence

how much better off would they be? The truth is they are so blinded

by their own hate they are doomed not only to repeat history but

continue to live it.

Thats just my opinion ,I'm usually wrong.

av8torntn

In that article is he saying that anything short of free trade is an act of war? So we have Gaza for years led by terrorist organizations import weapons and use them for attacks on Israel and this guy believes that the weapons blockade by Israel is the act of war. I hope this is some type of sick joke.

If this guy does really think that anything short of free trade is an act of war he should be attacking the dim's for doing this to our nation for years.

This blockade has been eased before without the terrorists stopping their attacks. This in itself seems to imply that the war is not about a blockade as he suggests.

The real funny part is most of those antiwar.com types wanted to continue the sanctions on Iraq instead of the invasion which has been far more successful. Now they want Israel to do neither and just let their citizens be murdered by terrorists.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
This is the problem with Israel. They think the enemies of Israel are hiding among women and children when in fact these women and children are also the enemies of Israel. They will never solve their problems with Hamas or any of these other Muslim terrorist organizations with a measured, limited military response. The only way is to use force to eliminate the threat.

Your right. Israel needs to round up the Palestinians, put them in camps, and then exterminate them. Men, women, and children. They can construct fake showers and when the people go into them, they simply poison gas them.

Oh wait, hasn't this been tried before with another group of people? Didn't we call that genocide?

I am being sarcastic but look at it this way. Say a group of native Americans came to your town and with the aid of a foreign government(s) took over your town but left you a little patch of land to exist on. Now remember, the native Americans owned all of your town, say, 2000 years ago. But your family has been living there for 200 and has established deep roots. Would you not fight to take back what you thought was yours? Would you be willing to live in your garage while aggressors lived in the rest of your house?

Now imagine the native Americans possessed the latest in hi-tech weaponery. You only possess crudely made inaccurate ones. Would you still use your weapons?

Nations routinely target civilian populations in order to break the will of an opponent. For example, we did so in WWII when we bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. If you don't have the planes and bombs in order to cleanly bring about the desired change in your opponent, would you be willing to strap a bomb on yourself if it meant a possibly better life one day for your family? If that seems ridiculous, is there ever justification for bombing non-combatants?

My personal take on all of this: I understand the Jewish desire to have a home land after the horrors of the holocaust. And I also understand the Palestinian's fight against what they feel is an unfair taking of their land. And I deplore the killing and maiming caused by both sides in this conflict. What I do not understand is why the US has anything to with any of this. We should support neither side because to do so harms our interests more than helps. Our only interest in the Middle East should be oil, period. That is the only product that we, because of our short sighted energy policies, truly need from that part of the world. Our foreign policy should be constructed solely on the fair needs of our nation. Let other countries manage their own problems without our military and our money. Than maybe they can stop blaming us for all their problems.

spuman

Let's say a bunch of native americans were sending rockets into

downtown Buffalo then what happens.The tune changes rather

quickly don't it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Isn't she the one that got in an altercation with security at congess for not wearing her lapel pin that identifies congresspersons?

Yeap, she's the one. She first lost her seat when the Republicans in her District crossed over and voted for her opponent in the Democratic primaries. She has always been one to throw out the race card. Her father was the first black Atlanta Police officer, and I think he later won some office. He was well known for hating Jewish people, no surprise that his daughter is trying to give aid to Hamas.

As far as Israel goes, I think they have every right to defend themselves. The United Nations is a joke and will not do anything. You have members like Russia and China on the UN Security Council that probably sell arms to Hammas, just like the US sells to Israel. How many rockets and suicide bombers should Israel put up with? If the people in Gaza want Israel out, then they need to run Hamas out too. But they are Hamas, so this will not happen. Its a never ending cycle, these people have been fighting for several thousand years, I doubt there will ever be peace over there.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My personal take on all of this: I understand the Jewish desire to have a home land after the horrors of the holocaust. And I also understand the Palestinian's fight against what they feel is an unfair taking of their land. And I deplore the killing and maiming caused by both sides in this conflict. What I do not understand is why the US has anything to with any of this. We should support neither side because to do so harms our interests more than helps. Our only interest in the Middle East should be oil, period. That is the only product that we, because of our short sighted energy policies, truly need from that part of the world. Our foreign policy should be constructed solely on the fair needs of our nation. Let other countries manage their own problems without our military and our money. Than maybe they can stop blaming us for all their problems.
That sums it up pretty well.