Its a no vote in philly!!

The Milkman

since they keep warning me about my language ill put this nicely!! Stink whats your reading level?? Aside from the obvious healthcare reasons to shoot this down there are plenty more in the ta!!
Bigger raises in the 90's!!
4 years for top rate..
Most of this dont even come into play with me but i would never vote for a contract that hurts the majority of them members!! You must be that bonus guy that gets done at 430 every day and does not help any of his co workers!!! Keep running and chasing the carrot

:likeit::bpotd:

oldupsman

For my 2 cents, I think it's hilarious that you guys think it's UPS's fault that our health care industry is a joke. It's like UPSers are finally realizing what the rest of the world realized 10 years ago: Health Care industry is a disaster. And our recent "reform" only made it worse....

Stink is the only one that is making any sense out of this....and it's not because he's a "Company man".....but because he lives in reality.

I feel like some of you would rather see this company into the dirt before you would ever accept anything that may be perceived as a concession. If that's you, then you are a cancer. YOU are the problem.

When you're making a net profit of 4 billion a year you're not close to being in the dirt. I understand what you're saying,
BUT 4 BILLION?

stink219

For my 2 cents, I think it's hilarious that you guys think it's UPS's fault that our health care industry is a joke. It's like UPSers are finally realizing what the rest of the world realized 10 years ago: Health Care industry is a disaster. And our recent "reform" only made it worse....

Stink is the only one that is making any sense out of this....and it's not because he's a "Company man".....but because he lives in reality.

I feel like some of you would rather see this company into the dirt before you would ever accept anything that may be perceived as a concession. If that's you, then you are a cancer. YOU are the problem.
You obviously get it! They say I'm not thinking about the future. I am!! Probably a little further than them. I know you feel the same.

oldupsman

You obviously get it! They say I'm not thinking about the future. I am!! Probably a little further than them. I know you feel the same.

We are nowhere close to killing the goose that laid the golden egg. That goose is alive and kicking.
4 BILLION guys, 4 BILLION.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

In Philly the healthcare coverage will not be reduced, nor will out-of-pocket costs rise, as UPS will pay the difference between what the TeamCare plan covers and what the current health plan is now. As for retiree care, if there is more than 15+ years to go, it would be wise to begin planning to cover one's own healthcare, even as it's now considered prudent to save for one's own retirement rather than count on a pension. I am assuming I will have no health coverage, so a retiree plan does not mean much, to me. However, I can see no votes for what is happening to those who have already retired, and had no way to plan for this, or even those who are about to retire.

quamba 638

YOUR SWITCHING TO A PLAN THAT IS EQUAL TO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, IF NOT BETTER.

But it is a worse plan than I have now. The solution to the problem is not to bring me down. The solution is to bring everybody else(including
yourself) up. And no, your plan is not as good as my current UPS plan. So lets have UPS, a company that made a net profit last year of
4 billion dollars better your healthcare while keeping mine the same. The part I can't figure Stink, and you seem like a intelligent guy from your posts,
is why you are so dead set aganist that position.

If not better? Wow.
It's not even close.
Stink, I think the union is the big winner in this contract. I believe thats why it was "unanimously approved". Each local is getting X amount of dollars from UPS every week to fund the health care.

With all these part-timers joining the C6
Plan shouldn't they have gotten a "better deal" more "bargaining power" like everyone was projecting if this took place. Or did they?

Will the C6 insurance plan be better now than it was previously? Now that we have all these new proposed members?

I don't know what the coverages were before for you FT guys. Honest question.

quamba 638

Stink, I've also noticed you saying you voted yes because you can see "through the smoke" or you can see past this contract, and it's good for our future.

Can you explain why you think this is a good TA regarding healthcare? Again, honest question.

I see it as a stepping stone for our health care to get worse each contract. Including the retired members, it seems like they're going to be getting shafted from here out. So, when I look into the future of our healthcare, it looks grim. You seem to see something else. Please explain.

stink219

We are nowhere close to killing the goose that laid the golden egg. That goose is alive and kicking.
4 BILLION guys, 4 BILLION.
Do you think that's a lot of money? It's not chump change by any means. Their revenue was about 53 billion. So they payed out 49.2 billion dollars on salaries, equipment, comp, maintenance, etc. UPS has 310,000 total employees, 240,000 of those are union, 35% full time, 65% part time. Based upon a minimum hours worked in each classification calculated, comes out to 343,723,920.00 hours a year. So let's say we get $0.70 in our first raise, that's $240,606,744.00 total. Not too bad right? Oops, we forget the $1 per hour that you don't see going into H&W. Ok so now we are at $584,330,664.00. I didn't include OT, which is an additional $34,398,00.00. Now we are at $618,728,664.00. Thats just in a minimalistic hours of service raise. So the 3.8 billion is now 3.2 billion. Ohhhh, you know who I didn't include? Raises of the 70,000 other employees like sups, managers, OMS, DPS clerks, security, CEO, executives, sales dept, IT, IE, PE, etc. How much is that worth weather you feel they deserve it or not? Should we deplete more of UPS's reserves? UPS was 52 on fortune 500. 52! We're not talking Exxon at 41 billion or Apple at 25 billion. You need UPS to remain profitable. You think the healthcare is an issue? If we bleed them too much, they would have handed you guys bandaids instead.

stink219

Stink... I guess your also ok with the retiree healthcare. Some of us will be retired young. I will be 53 and my wife will be 49 and she is only covered for 3 years? WTF!!! That's ok????
Um, some places do not have a 25 or 30 and out at any age. Dude go to work! Some of your brothers will be working to at least 57. Will you kick in for them?

stink219

Stink, I've also noticed you saying you voted yes because you can see "through the smoke" or you can see past this contract, and it's good for our future.

Can you explain why you think this is a good TA regarding healthcare? Again, honest question.

I see it as a stepping stone for our health care to get worse each contract. Including the retired members, it seems like they're going to be getting shafted from here out. So, when I look into the future of our healthcare, it looks grim. You seem to see something else. Please explain.
I will PM you tomorrow. Please remind me as its 1am. Certain things are of a private matter.

The Milkman

:youreright::goodpost:

The Milkman

Do you think that's a lot of money? It's not chump change by any means. Their revenue was about 53 billion. So they payed out 49.2 billion dollars on salaries, equipment, comp, maintenance, etc. UPS has 310,000 total employees, 240,000 of those are union, 35% full time, 65% part time. Based upon a minimum hours worked in each classification calculated, comes out to 343,723,920.00 hours a year. So let's say we get $0.70 in our first raise, that's $240,606,744.00 total. Not too bad right? Oops, we forget the $1 per hour that you don't see going into H&W. Ok so now we are at $584,330,664.00. I didn't include OT, which is an additional $34,398,00.00. Now we are at $618,728,664.00. Thats just in a minimalistic hours of service raise. So the 3.8 billion is now 3.2 billion. Ohhhh, you know who I didn't include? Raises of the 70,000 other employees like sups, managers, OMS, DPS clerks, security, CEO, executives, sales dept, IT, IE, PE, etc. How much is that worth weather you feel they deserve it or not? Should we deplete more of UPS's reserves? UPS was 52 on fortune 500. 52! We're not talking Exxon at 41 billion or Apple at 25 billion. You need UPS to remain profitable. You think the healthcare is an issue? If we bleed them too much, they would have handed you guys bandaids instead.

Yep..sure sounds like a company man to me..IE would love you to nickel and dime the drivers even more..Can't believe you are a Union member. You should band together with all of the Union members and support the efforts put forth by them now and in the past, and continue to fight for the betterment of the members, not just stick up for the company. Yes the company needs to be profitable, I heard that for over 25 yrs and it will continue, and while it was profitable Ups went Worldwide, bought planes and at times votes. As long as the company is making money there is no reason to not spread it around to those who made it for them. If they can afford Millions in bonuses to the members of the board..what does that tell you..Uh maybe we are doing ok? You were brainwashed by them. You probably started at Ups right out of HS and have been fed a steady diet of Brown crap all along and now that hinders your thinking...I never and I mean never would vote on something that has been earned over the yrs just to be taken away because the company says they are not that profitable..I never saw Ups crying when they were sponsoring Nascar, building the race truck, and also had a Top Fuel NHRA car and all the money they spend on advertising..Pleeeasee, If the world does not know who UPS is after over 100 yrs then they are in deep doo doo..What can Brown do For You??? You've been hypnotized:hypnosis:

stink219

Yep..sure sounds like a company man to me..IE would love you to nickel and dime the drivers even more..Can't believe you are a Union member. You should band together with all of the Union members and support the efforts put forth by them now and in the past, and continue to fight for the betterment of the members, not just stick up for the company. Yes the company needs to be profitable, I heard that for over 25 yrs and it will continue, and while it was profitable Ups went Worldwide, bought planes and at times votes. As long as the company is making money there is no reason to not spread it around to those who made it for them. If they can afford Millions in bonuses to the members of the board..what does that tell you..Uh maybe we are doing ok? You were brainwashed by them. You probably started at Ups right out of HS and have been fed a steady diet of Brown crap all along and now that hinders your thinking...I never and I mean never would vote on something that has been earned over the yrs just to be taken away because the company says they are not that profitable..I never saw Ups crying when they were sponsoring Nascar, building the race truck, and also had a Top Fuel NHRA car and all the money they spend on advertising..Pleeeasee, If the world does not know who UPS is after over 100 yrs then they are in deep doo doo..What can Brown do For You??? You've been hypnotized:hypnosis:
As I thought it would be, zero substance, filled with opinion. Some people will never understand what we are facing over the next 4 years. I can't believe you would rather us be on the street. This isn't a damn lemonade stand we are talking about.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
As I thought it would be, zero substance, filled with opinion. Some people will never understand what we are facing over the next 4 years. I can't believe you would rather us be on the street. This isn't a damn lemonade stand we are talking about.

You sir, are delusional. Out in the street in 4 years. Trying to scare members much?

stink219

You sir, are delusional. Out in the street in 4 years. Trying to scare members much?
Not out on the street in 4 buddy. Out on the street if we vote this down. Some people think that because a company makes 4 billion, that we have 4 billion coming to us. Do some research on the teachers union and what's going on right now. It will open your eyes a bit.

article22

Banned
Stink you still make no sense!! Comparing a thriving company in a horrible economy to a school district where the ex superintendent was stealing Millions of $!! The teachers did not put the Philadelphia school board in bad shape!! That slob Arlene Ackerman did it!! We deserve a decent contract and this TA Is far from acceptable!!