It's hard to have a bad day

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's hard to have a bad day when people around you are there to put things in perspective for you and lift you back up.

I came to work this morning to being 20+ stops over the max for my route (add cuts way out of my area in very rural woods with long driveways on top of my heavy industrial) and bulked the hell out in my little 700 because they cut too many routes today trying to save a buck...so knowing I was going to have to work two hours later than normal today and that I'd have to fight with the brick loaded bulk mess due to corporate greed I started the day in a foul mood.

Early in the day I came to a business stop where there is a great girl who always "bounces" to the door to meet me with a huge smile on her face. Her smile is infectious and today she said,"By the way, thanks for everything you do" which got me out of my funk into an average frame of mind.

A few stops later I stopped at a golf course where you have to walk far to get to the pro shop & there is no real way to use a hand truck there so I was lugging a bunch of clubs. A golfer said,"Geez, you're working hard today, but look at it this way. At least you're at a country club" and smiled.

I was in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's hard to have a bad day when people around you are there to put things in perspective for you and lift you back up.

I came to work this morning to being 20+ stops over the max for my route (add cuts way out of my area in very rural woods with long driveways on top of my heavy industrial) and bulked the hell out in my little 700 because they cut too many routes today trying to save a buck...so knowing I was going to have to work two hours later than normal today and that I'd have to fight with the brick loaded bulk mess due to corporate greed I started the day in a foul mood.

Early in the day I came to a business stop where there is a great girl who always "bounces" to the door to meet me with a huge smile on her face. Her smile is infectious and today she said,"By the way, thanks for everything you do" which got me out of my funk into an average frame of mind.

A few stops later I stopped at a golf course where you have to walk far to get to the pro shop & there is no real way to use a hand truck there so I was lugging a bunch of clubs. A golfer said,"Geez, you're working hard today, but look at it this way. At least you're at a country club" and smiled.

I was in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I had a lot of days like this as a package car driver too. So, I'm guessing you just left her house, correct?