It's Raise Day!!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cementups, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Don't everyone spend all that money we got in the raise today in one place.

Oh wait...........no raise yet. Damn!!! But will be a nice little extra retro bonus check when all the locals are approved. :greedy:

2. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

I wouldn't go counting on that retro check just yet; I'm sure the international is going to take them all for Teamcare. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to take everyone's raises who are in Teamcare every year for the first 3 years while the raise isn't split. It's better business for UPS to make one lump some payment based on projected pays then to dole them out weekly in pay checks.

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Either way until the supplements are all signed , no checks can be issued .

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

When I get my retro check I won't tell my wife and ill stash the cash in my glove compartment.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I wonder if union dues go retro too?

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ok my question is. Is everyone keeping track I their hours so u know your back pay is correct? Or are we just supposed to trust ups?

7. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

come on dude, ups would never screw anyone around...

8. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

You've got it all wrong. The IBT is going to cut our pay in half in 2020 to bail out Central States and give away free abortions and gay marriages for the coronation of Emperor Obama.

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I got a raise today in my stop count.

10. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

stash your cash in dancers pants at the strip club playa'

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Full time driver mentioned to me tonight that we get a raise today. I explained that we don't until the supplements are passed. He wasn't aware of that. Really?

12. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

what is this a contract year?

13. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

If the contract is extended, I'm getting a 50 cent progression raise in 2 weeks. If not I'm raising hell. I see no reason for every part of the current contract to be extended except my progression raise. I've gotten conflicting information from everyone I've asked about this raise.... guess I'll just wait and see.

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've let MANY drivers know in the last week they won't be getting a raise. Most didn't have a clue.

15. laffter

laffter Active Member

Ooh, I want an abortion. Is it too late for me to be aborted?

16. BMWSauber1991

BMWSauber1991 Member

I got charge union dues on this check, twice in one month technically, I will be calling the union bright and early.

17. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

hall can not re-negotiate our pay raises. It is in the master. We will get retro pay. hall has stated that the master can not and will not be reopened as it is a binding agreement.

If somehow we loose that back pay for raises, but the Teamcare goes thru, there will be a world war III.

18. 8Keys

8Keys Member

I'm not getting a raise for a couple years until my full time "progression" is finished either way. Not in any hurry to get my health care downgraded.

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

For only 10% of your retro check we at 705 will make sure our contract process goes through smoothly to speed up the process for all.

20. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

I trust UPS to pay me a retro check. I don't trust them to do it accurately.