Job-setup, work for free

arice11

My supervisor is saying we are required to come in and start work 15 minutes early. One employee says "are you going to pay us for that 15 minutes"
Supervisor says "NO, its called initiative, its called job-setup"

He is telling people to come in and work before their scheduled start time.
Can we do something about this? No one should be told to work for free.

Or is he correct in saying that we have to come in and start working early no matter what.
I want this guy gone, I'm sick of being supervised by a drunk and an a-hole. At the very least I need to transfer away from his section.

Any advice?

UPSGUY72

My supervisor is saying we are required to come in and start work 15 minutes early. One employee says "are you going to pay us for that 15 minutes"

Or is he correct in saying that we have to come in and start working early no matter what.
I want this guy gone, I'm sick of being supervised by a drunk and an a-hole. At the very least I need to transfer away from his section.

Any advice?

Isn't there a shop steward in your building ??? This should have been a simple fix..... If he continues to ask you or other driver to work off the clock FILE A GRIEVANCE FOR PAY AND CALL YOUR BA...

T

Turdferguson

You are in a union join together to file a grievance against the offending supervisor. He can't get you all, and if you all file against him maybe his boss would take notice. I suggest you all meet up at dairy queen and discuss this

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Any advice?
You've been with this company like 10 years right?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Man you're still having an issue with this? If they refuse to adjust it despite repeatedly telling them about it grieve it. And refuse to work for free. Seriously. For me that would have ended after the first incident.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Sounds like he is getting free labor to pad his own numbers to make himself look better. How would he explain it if someone got hurt working before his/her start time? This seems to be hard to believe to me. Just sayin.

blkmamba

Any advice?
I always had a setup guy, he had the most seniority and yes he got paid even if he started 20 minutes early and setup only took 5. You either make this crap up or really need to read your contract. People like you are the easiest for management to manipulate. Rather than reading labor laws and your contract you reach out to an Internet forum.

Educate yourself.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Any advice?
Buy him a DQ blizzard?