Just a question: what would it take to vote yes?

Griff

What changes are you looking for specifically? Do you know why you haven't heard anything about it? Do you know how our contract negotiations work? Based on your post, it sounds like you have already made up your mind to vote no regardless.

I'm a long term steward and this isn't my first rodeo. Technology needs to be addressed completely, totally and once and for all. The company uses vague language to their advantage at every turn and every year some new technological wonder enters our building to produce more reports which, in turn, creates more harassment and over supervision.

Harassing people who do in-town routes about idling time isn't acceptable.
Harassing people every morning about BACKING #'s isn't acceptable.
Harassing people about EDD trace/Orion trace whatever is totally crazy and unacceptable.

20+ year drivers don't need some 20-30 year old supervisor genius overly supervising them about how to deliver a box.

Do i know why I haven't heard or seen anything about the technology or harassment amendments? Of course, because there has been no changes and possibly even more language concessions made to reach this agreement. If it was the opposite, it would have been mentioned before or at the very least along with these financial matters. In case you've been under a rock, the #1 issue going into this contract was about over supervision and harassment on the NATIONAL level. Wouldn't you think the Teamsters would be boasting about a win in that arena if it happened? Guess not, I'm just some nutcase who doesn't know what he is talking about and refuses to vote Yes on any contract!

I'm a long term steward and this isn't my first rodeo. Technology needs to be addressed completely, totally and once and for all. The company uses vague language to their advantage at every turn and every year some new technological wonder enters our building to produce more reports which, in turn, create more harassment and over supervision.

Harassing people about EDD trace/Orion trace whatever is totally crazy and unacceptable.

20+ year drivers don't need some 20-30 year old supervisor genius overly supervising them about how to deliver a box.

Do i know why I haven't heard or seen anything about the technology or harassment amendments? Of course, because there has been no changes and possibly even more language concessions made to reach this agreement. If it was the opposite, it would have been mentioned before or at the very least along with these financial matters. In case you've been under a rock, the #1 issue going into this contract was about over supervision and harassment on the NATIONAL level. Wouldn't you think the Teamsters would be boasting about a win in that arena if it happened? Guess not, I'm just some nutcase who doesn't know what he is talking about and refuses to vote Yes on any contract!
Agreed

Inthegame

These issues were addressed in the last steward call. There is substantially better language and as a long time steward you know how easy enforcement is. Vote no, that ought to make everything better.

Griff

These issues were addressed in the last steward call. There is substantially better language and as a long time steward you know how easy enforcement is. Vote no, that ought to make everything better.

You and I were obviously on two different calls.

Like I said before, if the changes were that great it would have been mentioned in this handshake agreement. It was the #1 issue surrounding this contract until UPS dropped the "bombshell" about healthcare.

stink219

The company uses vague language to their advantage at every turn
As should you as well.
I agree. Do you allow this to happen as a steward? How do you combat this? I'm not trying to fight with you. I can PM you my 10 questions I ask to turn the tables on management and give you the nastiest harassment grievance ever.
Do i know why I haven't heard or seen anything about the technology or harassment amendments? Of course, because there has been no changes and possibly even more language concessions made to reach this agreement.
It's because the intent of language and word is not complete. That's why your only hearing economics right now. That is cut and dry.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm a long term steward and this isn't my first rodeo. Technology needs to be addressed completely, totally and once and for all. The company uses vague language to their advantage at every turn and every year some new technological wonder enters our building to produce more reports which, in turn, creates more harassment and over supervision.

Yet everytime I come in the hub 10 mins before start time there's a huddle of drivers around the sup getting their daily chewing while off the clock. All that people have to do to limit some of these "harassment" issues is stop talking to management off the clock, before start time, and after work. Having a line of drivers, one by one, go over telematics about every stop, every infraction? They wouldn't get halfway though one person before the next guy needs air help because of late leave building time.