Klein's very own current events thread

texan

It is not easy being a Hockey Ref.
1323717963_hockey_referee_gets_punched.gif

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, today is the big draw at Boston Pizza for the new Ford Truck.
I'll be there at 2pm to get my potential winning key, and of course eat lots of free pizza & drinks ! :)

I need some real good luck - looks like it could be up to 65 keys being handed out. (depending how many show up - lots of potential winners from over 100 miles away).

BTW : Any Upsers from the Edmonton area are welcome to join in for free pizza/drinks.
I can invite up to 2 more guests.

PM me.

klein

Well, found out I'm totally awesome in sales !
My liqour store samples/promotions are doing well. - I'm a top sales person ! :)

Just had an interview to do the same for Tassimo Coffee at North America's largest Mall and got the job.
Could also work for DHL starting a.s.a.p as a driver for the xmas season, but why work in the cold and under stress with lots of lifting for a dollar or 2 more per hr ? - Besides, I wouldn't get my free Tassimo coffee machine, either ! ;)

I must admit, Alberta and Edmonton is a great place to be, since I get to pick which winter jobs I want to do - plenty of them out there, with an average starting wage of $15.00 - $20 hr.

DHL starting wage is $17.41 (beats UPS at $15/hr), but I'm picking the Tassimo demo stand instead, paying $15/hr.
Who cares about the extra $12.00 a day after taxes if you need to work your butt off each and every day for it ? I sure don't.
I'll stay clean in my black pants and white shirt, no stress, no heavy lifting, and enjoy my day instead, besides only need to work from 9-5.

I'm really starting to enjoy life and I'm starting to feel like a semi-retired, even though I'm not :)

klein

Was my 2nd day at the West Edmonton Mall, promoting & demostrating the Tassimo Coffee Machine, handing out free Tim Hortons coffee brewed by the devices.

Today I was twice approached by supervisor & the event coordinator (bigger boss).
First time for wanting me on another up comming event (because I'm such an awesome employee) :)
2nd time (big boss), that I was doing an awesome job, AND she gave me 2 wholesale boxes of Tim Hortons Tassimo Coffee as a reward for a job well done (appreciation) $120 value. She also insured me, I'll get a free coffee machine to go along with it at the end of this promo (Nov 10th - last day).

The job is awesome - I really love it ! Best job sofar in my entire life !
Interacting with the public is what I love and do best.
It would be awesome if management is planning to keep me full time, or atleast keep me for the next event or 2, which would be in Montreal and Vancouver.
(hotel, meals, travel all paid for) - but that would be a dream come true.
Even if I land a job in my city - I'll be happy :)

See what day 3 is like tomorrow - honestly can't hardly wait to go back to work !
Pay is reasonable (starting wage $15/hr), and all I do is teaching people how to brew their own coffee and while doing so, give them the key elements of the Tassimo so they may consider purchasing 1 in the future - they also receive a $20 mail in rebate coupon that they can use until mid March.

It's funny how many unhappy people come up that have a Keurig, and they can't brew a Timmies with it. They are considering getting a 2nd machine now (Tassimo).
And the Tassimo customers, they are overly in joy, and have been waiting for Tim Hortons be be part of the brands it has.
(Timmies just joined this past Monday) !
- That's why this big promo event.
Again - it's AWESOME ! :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't have to use K-cups if you have a Keurig. There is an adapter that you can buy which lets you use your regular coffee. It does take some practice using the adapter as the brewed coffee does not come out in a single flow and you have to center the cup but if you like your regular coffee and don't like the high cost of the K-cups the adapter may be an option for you.

It took Dunkin' Donuts some time to join the K-cup family----look for Tim Horton's to do the same.

klein

Finally pay day for handing out all those free coffees !

Deductions :
EI : means Employment Insurance (Unemployment Insurance in US)
CPP : means Canada Pension Plan (SS in US)

$1135 gross = $940 net pay after taxes and insurance premiums.

klein

Frustating xmas labour shortage !

Looking for 2 more people in Edmonton to demo the new Verismo Coffee Machine and serve Starbucks coffee/latte for free to shoppers inside Homeoutfitters.
Starting this weekend (dec1st and every weekend until Dec 23rd).

Hrs are from 11:30 - 5pm Sat/Sun.
Pay = $17 hr , plus bonus and incentives for each machine sold (Easy $200 or more per day for only 5+ hrs "work" ) !

I'm tied up the first 2 Saturdays at another job, so need someone to do them for me.
The southside location (south common) is completly open for anyone that wants it.

I have been asking around, even those liquor store employees I have contact with - but everyone is busy working, or heading off to Mexico.

UPS Lifer

$17 an hour at 5.5 hours is around $93. What is the "bonus" per machine sold? How many machines do you have to sell to get the other $107 ?

klein

The bonus is actually $3/hr, that's just for being on time and completing your sales/consumption report by Sunday night.
So, it's $20/hr.

I think it's $20 per machine sold. Not sure on that yet. Will find out more once I go thru the online training program, but need to do other work yet, today, like going downtown in this nasty -14C snowing winter weather to hand in my paperwork from last weekend liqour demo, and pick up new paperwork for this weekend (Fr & Sat).
Still looking for 2 people, since I only found 3 with simular situations as mine - either already working weekends, or can only work some weekends.

As you can tell here :

Hello, Yes I would like to work the coffee demo, I am working fri sat sun with the Mosaic TD promo i think it runs untill the december 12th im not sure when it ends i can check. Thanks for the offer thats awesome!

Im doing another job currently it ends on the 16th though. After that?

Hi Klein,

I would have been interested, however, I will be in Mexico from December 10th to 24th! Thanks for contacting me about it though and if you need anyone for just the first 2 weekends, let me know!

-Ashley Jones

Saved the best for last ! ;) (messaged her by mistake, she was a real b..ch... not a team player and had to be all over her LOL)

no thanks im busy and not interested in working with you. best of luck please dont email me again

Last edited:

klein

hey, I sort of invented new Crown Royal Maple drinks this weekend. It sells like hot cakes.
Can I patent it or make some sort of money off my new drinks ?
I want to name them, too - hoping the name goes on forever.
Any advise ? Kinda need it.

wkmac

hey, I sort of invented new Crown Royal Maple drinks this weekend. It sells like hot cakes.
Can I patent it or make some sort of money off my new drinks ?
I want to name them, too - hoping the name goes on forever.
Any advise ? Kinda need it.

Good question. What exactly are the ingredients?