"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

Ron Carey lives on

Govntmule, keep your head and know there are ups teamsters supporting you nation wide. Pay no attention to Hoffa yes people like 407. He is probably management, just a bored, sad person that floats from forum to forum stirring up crap. He knows nothing about solidarity and union activism. Keep fighting 89

browned out

Vote it down. This is garbage again 89. No one that I have talked to gives two flying friend's about getting their retro check. We are hoping you stand your ground. Your deal will help us in the next contract.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
I am a 16 year local 89 UPSer...I can tell you that the issues we have that were stated in local 89's statement are very real to the people that work each day and night. The tram issues must be resolved in this contract. UPS is planning on expanding a runway soon, and that will move the parking lot across the expressway, thus, making the ride to some work areas 40 mins. UPS has increased its stagger program for part-timers. Most part-timers are getting around 3 hours a night. Add the soon to be 30 to 40 min ride into work and the 30-40 min ride out. Here what the article does not tell you. Since Worldport is very large, you must also work at least 10 mins in and 10 mins out. This is not parking lot walking. This is walking from tram stops to time clock. This is too much for a 15 hour worker. Also, all the trams are run by vendors, thus, killing teamster jobs.

Full-time jobs...If more jobs are not secured, you will have the waiting list for full-time jobs at 21 years+ by the end of the contract. UPS uses over 8000 part-timers and around 750 full-timers at Worldport.

There are others issues to discuss, but those above are two that many have rallied around. If the vote was today with the current final and best offer, I could say not only would it would be voted down, I can say it would be voted down by 90%.

Please understand that those requests by 89's UPSers are not unrealistic or being ridiculously aggressive. Please support our efforts

Please go to worldport teamster on facebook
Well said. Many of us support your cause and are very much upset w Hoffa's gutless leadership. However there are also many company men like 407 and Stink that only care about themselves and refuse to look at the bigger pitcher. But you can bet there are many people proud of you guys. Keep up the good fight.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Zuck is a back stabbing low life.

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?
Fred Z is not a member of TDU. Ron Carey was not a member of TDU either, nor was Tom L. As a matter of fact the first TDU member to make a run for General President of the IBT was Sandy Pope. So get your historical facts straight. But then again your facts had you believing that B was gonna get reelected at your home local, LOL!

stink219

Well said. Many of us support your cause and are very much upset w Hoffa's gutless leadership. However there are also many company men like 407 and Stink that only care about themselves and refuse to look at the bigger pitcher. But you can bet there are many people proud of you guys. Keep up the good fight.
The big picture? Your ideology is that of extinction.

stink219

Fred Z is not a member of TDU. Ron Carey was not a member of TDU either, nor was Tom L. As a matter of fact the first TDU member to make a run for General President of the IBT was Sandy Pope. So get your historical facts straight. But then again your facts had you believing that B was gonna get reelected at your home local, LOL!
Who mentioned TDU? I mentioned a back stabber and you assume TDU? And Sux, keep your eyes peeled.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Who mentioned TDU? I mentioned a back stabber and you assume TDU? And Sux, keep your eyes peeled.

I have always proudly defended and supported TDU. You may ask why? Well I've learned more and know more than most of my Teamster brothers thanks to the education TDU has provided me with. And because of that I have always challenged and questionef the wrongdoings of my local business agents and officers.

Stonefish

I have always proudly defended and supported TDU. You may ask why? Well I've learned more and know more than most of my Teamster brothers thanks to the education TDU has provided me with. And because of that I have always challenged and questionef the wrongdoings of my local business agents and officers.
You challenge people on here or in a group when they can hold you up. It's hard to stand up on your own where you TDUers don't have a spine

stink219

Then why don't you harness that power and get vocal about the irresponsible acts by team 804 that has brought reproach on its drivers?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Govntmule, keep your head and know there are ups teamsters supporting you nation wide. Pay no attention to Hoffa yes people like 407. He is probably management, just a bored, sad person that floats from forum to forum stirring up crap. He knows nothing about solidarity and union activism. Keep fighting 89
Prove it. Oh, that's right. You are a Hoffa follower. You just sling accusations, but can never back them up.
What?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
They've educated you on the short bus of angry little man syndrome. Why are you such an angry person? You need a girlfriend or something.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
You wanna meet at the convention? I wouldn't be caught dead in there but I'll meet you outside?

stink219

They've educated you on the short bus of angry little man syndrome. Why are you such an angry person? You need a girlfriend or something.
He's upset that he wasn't elected to the TDU steering committee. I bet he pays more to them than in IBT dues.

upschuck

As do we all. But some of these concerns have a direct reflection of their leadership.
What concerns do you have with their leadership? Sounds like they are trying to make up for previous sub-standard contracts, instead of accepting what UPS has offered. I don't know what is going on behind closed doors, but you got to make them think what you are proposing is best for the company as a whole.