Let the OJS begin (and other nonsense)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Wally, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Peak is over, let the fun begin. OJS, telemetrics, production numbers, and general managerial snafu's are in store for the New Year, not to mention the huge stink-hole that is ORION.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Nit pick season will be in full force. Make sure your shoes are polished.

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Of course. Gotta nitpick and get obsessed with numbers because that was obviously why the Christmas plan failed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Frikken DRIVERS made Peak fail.

5. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Yes, now that peak is over the trusty old "flavor of the week" fortune wheel will be pulled out of storage so that our management can spin it every Monday morning and know which irrelevant metric to have us chase. I'm betting ORION compliance will be next weeks Flavor. Yum yum yum!

6. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I disagree.

The plan didnt fail because of numbers; it failed because we didnt recite enough acronyms. Its all about the acronyms.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Good point. Now some cubicle dweller will come up with a new acronym to correct the failures of the old acronyms.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

We were informed last week that with 'The end of Peak' that 'poor performance numbers would no longer be tolerated' ....... I cant wait for my 3 day ride along. I was 2 hours over the last time I had one and will shoot for being THREE hours over with the next one

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

I say bring it on. I will shove the methods down their throats and be worse with them than without.

10. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

it will be especially worse in 2014 because the peak fail will have corporate looking to eat their own ...that is hub managers will be scrambling to justify their jobs which means :censored2: travels downhill towards us drivers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Uh I have a feeling peak is far from over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

I have the same feeling.Peak is over but we will cut routes and try to cram all the work on a minimum amount of cars

13. Its January! Time to sign up for the 9.5.list!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

We had 3 drivers retire right before peak started, only hired peak season drivers no replacements of course. Now post peak 2 more retire. Still have peak hires but center manager says not replacing retirees until a later date. Had all on car sups delivering during peak and 1 of them retiring tomorrow. No extras to run routes so we will just cut them and make peak last another month or 2

15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

They haven't been replacing retirees. And the union has been letting them get away with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

They are going to replace people during the free period and our local has been letting them do whatever they want as of lately. Sups working everyday still

17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Is there a freeze period for 9-5?

18. November and december.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

I believe you can start filing dec 26

20. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Does the company HAVE to replace retirees?
    IMO, they'll continue to make the free periods longer, so they can easily reduce the number of drivers needed simply by attrition.