Long awaited DIAD update - OTA EDD updates (for late air)

JL 0513

Arrived in my center this week. Finally!

To clarify title, on late air days, your EDD updates all the late air you receive on road. It's all placed in proper EDD order.

Now you don't have to arrange your air and keep checking what you have. You can just load them where they belong and forget about it.

I imagine like everything, some got this a while ago, others not yet.

To clarify title, on late air days, your EDD updates all the late air you receive on road. It's all placed in proper EDD order.

Now you don't have to arrange your air and keep checking what you have. You can just load them where they belong and forget about it.

We've had that for awhile

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
There is nothing worse than going to a whole new area and finding packages for an area you already hit because they got shuttled to you and weren’t in your board...this is gonna be awesome

JL 0513

Have had this update for years already. I know what airs I have coming before they even leave the building.

Years?? Unbelievable how spread out the tech is in this company. It's frustrating when it comes to convenient things like this to not get it when it has existed elsewhere for a long time.

I've had countless times that I've passed late air stops because I forget to periodically check which ones I have. Only to have to go all the way back.

JL 0513

There is nothing worse than going to a whole new area and finding packages for an area you already hit because they got shuttled to you and weren’t in your board...this is gonna be awesome

Had late air twice this week. First day it only updated when we were already meeting on road. Today it updated about an hour and a half before the meet (took forever for them to shuttle it out). In most cases though, you're not going to get much notice.

Dhydratd

Also, when it updates, it puts a lower-case "a" beside the stop that was added to your diad. This lets you know that it has been added and won't be on your truck until it is shuttled to you.

A

Article 3

IMG_20171117_205006.jpg

They just installed the new technology for EDD/Orion/DOL networking to tell how many next day airs are actually on the plane before it lands, weighing it with electronic seismographic proximity & Transmissions.

It takes up a lot of room in our break area.

Dr.Brownz

Nope not yet, sometimes they SPA the late stuff and bring it out, others no which leads to arguments between drivers over who takes what

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I wonder how long before a rogue center manager gets fired for trying to work this into an everyday occurrence. My on road has to take a pic every time he passes out a trinket.

MC0493

My center seems to get nothing as far as technology goes. We don't have those scanners in cars to alert preload of wrong packages. Most certainly don't have over the air edd updates either. I'm sure there is more we're missing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center seems to get nothing as far as technology goes. We don't have those scanners in cars to alert preload of wrong packages. Most certainly don't have over the air edd updates either. I'm sure there is more we're missing.
We've had over the air edd updates for years but I don't see us getting the misload scanners anytime soon.

Dhydratd

We've had over the air edd updates for years but I don't see us getting the misload scanners anytime soon.
Even if you get Smart Scan in your center, it doesn't mean your loader will use it. We've had Smart Scan for about a year now and I'm still getting misloads on my truck almost daily. And, from what I've heard, there are about 20 scanners missing in our building. At about $1k each, that's a lot of $$$ unaccounted for.

JL 0513

Nope not yet, sometimes they SPA the late stuff and bring it out, others no which leads to arguments between drivers over who takes what

Our late air has always been pal labeled, for as long as we've had SPA.

What a mess that creates if they don't label them.