Long awaited DIAD update - OTA EDD updates (for late air)

JL 0513

Assuming that all the company cares about is money, the single most important thing to do is fix this air problem. For a company that is sitting on tons of capital, they are sure dragging their feet with this. It's getting worse not better. Last year, our start time was 8:45, now it's 9:05 and we leave at 9:30 on average, 9:45 at least once a week.

Some of the senior guys were talking about how the start time used to be like 8am and all the air was always in, except in bad storms. Yes, we deal with much more air now. Well, adjust. More planes, more/bigger buildings, more trucks, more people, more everything. Get it done.

It's like having a rich person late for work all the time because his old car keeps breaking down. Isn't the solution obvious?

ManInBrown

I heard all the Amazon savers are jamming things up at the air hubs.

It would be nice if they would just use AIR DRIVERS to DELIVER the late air, instead of just shuttle it out
No. What would be nice is if Abney told Bezos to pay full freight or take a friend’n hike. Without UPS, Amazon would be in severe trouble. 98% of their crap, would never make it to the customer

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
According to the runway workers at our airport, FedEx's planes are always on time (I assume with the exception of severe weather). If they can do it, so can we. I'm surprised we still get commit customers at all.

Star B

White Lightening
what's "on time?" I mean, if you give our times a +-30min window, then yes, they are 90% on time, with the other 8% due to wx, and the other 2% due to mx.

JL 0513

45 minutes.

It’s called guarantee pay.

There's just no way upper management would allow a center to dispatch 7.5 hour days to most drivers and pay the guarantee day after day. There's a reason every other center in the country dispatches over 8. And if there's too many drivers vs 8+ hour routes, guys get cut.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There's just no way upper management would allow a center to dispatch 7.5 hour days to most drivers and pay the guarantee day after day. There's a reason every other center in the country dispatches over 8. And if there's too many drivers vs 8+ hour routes, guys get cut.

Never said we were given 7.5 hour dispatches. My average is right around 9 hours.