Long awaited DIAD update - OTA EDD updates (for late air)

JL 0513

How does it work for split cars that might already be out of area?

That was my situation today. Running a split route and got the air meet just in time before leaving my first town. Still had to retrace the whole first town though. Normally you get late air early enough that you're in your first split area.

ManInBrown

I’ve never heard of this. How does it update while your on road? Here you can’t even drive out of the building before getting edd. It will only download inside the building.

We’ve been having a big problem the last few weeks with air being in the board, but not on the truck.

Indecisi0n

I’ve never heard of this. How does it update while your on road? Here you can’t even drive out of the building before getting edd. It will only download inside the building.

We’ve been having a big problem the last few weeks with air being in the board, but not on the truck.
The DIADS have 3G technology but are too cheap to pay for the service. These DIADS are pretty much walking cell phones. They should be able to update where ever.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should be able to get EDD in the parking lot and then drive to your first stop after hitting big arrow up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Arrived in my center this week. Finally!

To clarify title, on late air days, your EDD updates all the late air you receive on road. It's all placed in proper EDD order.

Now you don't have to arrange your air and keep checking what you have. You can just load them where they belong and forget about it.

I imagine like everything, some got this a while ago, others not yet.
We had that for years. The clerks in your center were either too lazy or stupid to do it? (maybe both?)

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

It's like getting a message for a package found in another location. You push "accept" but instead of pulling the package out of your EDD it drops it into your EDD.

JL 0513

We've been receiving late air shuttles at least two days a week for months. It's not just the weather.

Same here. Our air trailer pulls into our parking lot at around start time on most days. It's a pathetic network. Company wide, it's gotta be costing UPS billions each year just dealing with late air. We have each driver waiting for air pieces to come down the line most mornings making $53 an hour. Then if it's late enough to shuttle out, they have to pay all the shuttle drivers, use of vehicles, and all the driver's retracing areas. Easily billions in waste.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Same here. Our air trailer pulls into our parking lot at around start time on most days. It's a pathetic network. Company wide, it's gotta be costing UPS billions each year just dealing with late air. We have each driver waiting for air pieces to come down the line most mornings making $53 an hour. Then if it's late enough to shuttle out, they have to pay all the shuttle drivers, use of vehicles, and all the driver's retracing areas. Easily billions in waste.
Our start time has been creeping later and later because of this. We're currently starting at 9:40 T-friend.

JL 0513

We had that for years. The clerks in your center were either too lazy or stupid to do it? (maybe both?)

It amazes me how spread out tech rollout is for this company. Some places still don't even have SPA and EDD yet, from what I've heard. That's unbelievable.
Nevermind Orion which we've had for 4 years, and many areas don't have it.

JL 0513

This air network is going to spell disaster for this peak. They've had months to address it and here we are entering peak and getting late air everyday. Peak is going to be bad enough without having to do air meets, retracing area, and leaving the building 45 minutes late.

ManInBrown

This air network is going to spell disaster for this peak. They've had months to address it and here we are entering peak and getting late air everyday. Peak is going to be bad enough without having to do air meets, retracing area, and leaving the building 45 minutes late.
It’s going to be tremendous running out of hours Friday at noon. I’m looking forward to it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I heard all the Amazon savers are jamming things up at the air hubs.

It would be nice if they would just use AIR DRIVERS to DELIVER the late air, instead of just shuttle it out