Long awaited DIAD update - OTA EDD updates (for late air)

trickpony1

Hours worked and planned day are not one in the same!!!

It doesn't matter.
If you're working less than 8 but getting paid for 8, something's wrong.

We had a feeder driver who could turn his run in 6.5. He thought he could get paid to drive home.
That didn't last long. They found more work for him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our new center manager has threatened to crack down on this.

It is not just me—-we have several others who get 3 or more hours of guarantee pay per week.

It does feel good to get paid to drive home.

WorknLateHuh

Hours worked and planned day are not one in the same!!!

I know what they are.

If I was an ORS and my guy was getting 2hours of guaranteed pay consecutively a week I would hope I would have the sense to adjust it correctly. You are very fortunate to be in this situation.

The whole thing is just strange.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know what they are.

If I was an ORS and my guy was getting 2hours of guaranteed pay consecutively a week I would hope I would have the sense to adjust it correctly. You are very fortunate to be in this situation.

The whole thing is just strange.

I am one of the more heavily dispatched drivers in my center. I just happen to work more quickly than most. I know my route inside and out and know my DOL stop for stop.

Why should I be penalized for delivering what I am given more quickly than they suggest?

trickpony1

Why should I be penalized for delivering what I am given more quickly than they suggest?

Good point and one of the perks of working in a podunk center in the BOG.
Most of us work in larger centers/hubs where supervisors have nothing more to do than worry about this type of thing.

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We've started doing that at our center except we don't have dedicated "air drivers". They use reg-temps and low seniority cover drivers, who then proceed to complain about how they're not getting enough hours.
I heard all the Amazon savers are jamming things up at the air hubs.

It would be nice if they would just use AIR DRIVERS to DELIVER the late air, instead of just shuttle it out