Look out, Madera Guy

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cosmo1, Jun 18, 2012.

1. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Anybody else do the DIAD training today concerning customers videoing (sp?) us?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I'm on vacay.....What are the high points?

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Smile, be polite, deny, deny, deny.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We are apparently responsible for anything that ever happens. We are the image of the company and we need to understand this.... I mean really any more responsibilities they would like to give us and in the mean time give us less and less time to take care of these responsibilities oh and on top of this don't forget we get paid best in the industry so should be no problem we are professional drivers.

6. HULKAMANIA

HULKAMANIA Member

Worry about yourself worry about yourself,,,parking here has nothing to do with that,,,lose some weight so you can enjoy time with your children,,,,worry about yourself worry about yourself lol!!!!

7. OCRookie

OCRookie New Member

What did todays DIAD training have to do with more responsibility on the drivers? It simply states the facts; you are the face of the company, if you are videotaped down act like a crazy person, and report it to the supervisors immediately. Wow how dare UPS ask such things of you.

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

LOL, I was thinking about Madera guy when I took the training today. Video cameras are everywhere these days, I've seen them mounted in all kinds of neighborhoods.

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If UPS cared so much about the way we look then they'd clean some of these grime covered, greasy, decal fading trucks. Don't get me started about the green uniforms made by the lowest overseas bidder employing underaged workers with substandard living conditions.

10. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

ROOKIE !!!

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yet people still video tape and take pictures of a guy sleeping in his truck on lunch and they make it out to be he's doing something wrong. How dare he get caught sleeping on lunch, let's fire him!!!!!!

12. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

So is the diad training relevant when ups is out videotaping their " you are the face of the company" drivers?

13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes if they have a problem tell them to call the 1-800 number cause they have all the answers.

14. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I just took the training. Seems reasonable to me. Like it or not we live in a smart-phone YouTube world and we ought to behave accordingly.

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

It didn't address the psycho who wants to get in your face...just a customer who has a problem with a pkg. What do you do when someone starts to become physical...well I know what I would do...

16. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

code out to lunch and be in under 9.5..and bonus!

17. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Defend yourself. Just make sure you get that camera and throw it into a lake.

18. splozi

splozi Guest