Love Cover Driving

reginald95

You should get the union involved if they suspend you just for having late air. If you tell them you have a lot of air and they don't take off a few stops then the late air is on them. As long as you do air only you can't get in trouble. Any more crap from them and it could be considered harassment.

theslinger

Why are you stressing, if you told them before you left the building that you were going to have late air AND you sent them messages via the diad. As long as you didn't run air AND ground, you should be fine. Ball was in their court.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
HAHA. If a senior driver wants to go home over you, he doesn't have to ask. You use your seniority to bump the junior guy (YOU)

If you told them you were going to have late air, the ball is in their court. However, with your recent track record.....this doesn't really seem like a job you will be successful at
This depends on your local. Here as my BA says. "Seniority gives you the right to work. It doesn't give you the right not to work."

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Dude you keep screwing up time after time. For the love of all that is holy and good decide if this is what you want then either go away or use your head and do your job.

novadriver

Dude you keep screwing up time after time. For the love of all that is holy and good decide if this is what you want then either go away or use your head and do your job.
how did i screw up? They put me on the route late and over dispatched me.. I just communicated that to my sup before i left to cover my ass.

box_beeyotch

how did i screw up? They put me on the route late and over dispatched me.. I just communicated that to my sup before i left to cover my ass.

Did you deliver only air with no ground? If not, then you screwed up. Also, 9 isn't that late of a start and as a cover driver you will be put on routes all the time that are different from the previous day, get used to it and take the heat when you have to. File grievances and for God sake don't let them walk all over you. You have rights to...but that doesn't mean you can make severely stupid decisions.

8:20am Hey sup can he run my route for me so I can go home? Sup walks away.....
8:59am Yes he can run the route..
9am I tell sup..I'm over dispatched with 25 air stops, I'm going to have late air...

Ended up with 4 late air...

Next time another driver wants me to cover for them ill politely decline... this is the second time I got screwed by leaving the building late by helping another guy get a day off... And monday I'll be in the office because of it..
As long as you told them you were gonna have late air, there's not much they can do or say.

novadriver

Did you deliver only air with no ground? If not, then you screwed up. Also, 9 isn't that late of a start and as a cover driver you will be put on routes all the time that are different from the previous day, get used to it and take the heat when you have to. File grievances and for God sake don't let them walk all over you. You have rights to...but that doesn't mean you can make severely stupid decisions.
Just air no ground.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just air no ground.
You should be in good shape. It's amazing when you tell them you are going to have late air they look at you like you are kidding. Then when some of your air is indeed late it suddenly becomes your problem. If I am in air trouble, I will tell multiple supes and send multiple messages to make sure my butt is covered.

ManInBrown

Politely decline? It doesn't work like that. If you are Over and a more senior driver wants to go home, you do the route. You don't have a choice in the matter. As long as you know the route in question.

As someone else said, go to Sam's club and buy LUBE in bulk

YellowSox

HAHA. If a senior driver wants to go home over you, he doesn't have to ask. You use your seniority to bump the junior guy (YOU)

If you told them you were going to have late air, the ball is in their court. However, with your recent track record.....this doesn't really seem like a job you will be successful at
What is the point if having their own route if they just try to go home every day?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You should be in good shape. It's amazing when you tell them you are going to have late air they look at you like you are kidding. Then when some of your air is indeed late it suddenly becomes your problem. If I am in air trouble, I will tell multiple supes and send multiple messages to make sure my butt is covered.
Exactly Joepa, as long as you call or send message to center telling them before committ time you cant find an air or something has came up that isnt going to allow you to get them off on time, they cant do a damm thing to you. Easy grievance if they try and discipline you. But then on the flip side if you know your strapped for time and you are totally screwed on the load, dispatch and time, you just run all your airs first.

ArcherUTR

Politely decline? It doesn't work like that. If you are Over and a more senior driver wants to go home, you do the route. You don't have a choice in the matter. As long as you know the route in question.

As someone else said, go to Sam's club and buy LUBE in bulk

As a bid driver I don't believe that you have a contractual right "to go home".

I feel like I'm in bizarroo world.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As a bid driver I don't believe that you have a contractual right "to go home".

I feel like I'm in bizarroo world.
Depends on your supplement. In the Atlantic Area if they have xtra drivers then they have to let people go home in seniority order, they can't just lay off the junior driver or take care of their special boys.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Depends on your supplement. In the Atlantic Area if they have xtra drivers then they have to let people go home in seniority order, they can't just lay off the junior driver or take care of their special boys.
What happens when a GOB is "let go home" over the objections of a more senior driver who files a grieve?