LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Let me ask you a question... If part timers don't come forward as a majority or at all because they NEVER VOTE!! How are they going to be put into this seniority change?
I just asked because the word union means that you negotiate deals for all the members together not just one small group of package car drivers that just transferred......so to answer your question yes I would include everybody because it affects everbody and i don't only think about myself.......you make it sound like everyone votes....it's not only PTERS that don't vote.......in your career at ups how many meetings have you been to?

I just asked because the word union means that you negotiate deals for all the members together not just one small group of package car drivers that just transferred......so to answer your question yes I would include everybody because it affects everbody and i don't only think about myself.......
If that was the case then how come Pters are not in 177s pension fund... New England has their Pters in their pension... Do they get to carry their seniority? I think its a good idea to have Pters. It will never fly with a lot of full timers that didn't do Pter. That's why this is never happened. The union Uses this as a tactic... No one wants to step on anyone's toes.... That's why the union has been so good at letting this not happen. If Pters don't come to the table why put them in. If they want it then fight for it. WE ARE!!

The Milkman

Life isn't always fair , but at least with the union we try

After 18 years on the road I put in for a transfer to an inside clerk. Before the transfer I was reminded that if I did not take the bid that someone with less time than me would get it. I went to the bottom of the list of clerks when I left PC. I understood the way it worked, and I was ok with it at the time. Once my 30 days were in my new classification I was able to then bid on another clerk job closer to home in another bldg. Being classified as a clerk now I was able to get another bid before the 25 year PC driver because I was classified as a clerk now. I still got my vacation picks with no problem. I can understand where all of you are coming from on this issue. I was in Local 177 and I never heard anyone back then(2000) complain about the system that was in place when I got hired in "81" The members will have to vote on the changes they want, just grandfather those in place now and in due time it will be as they wish, for future members. Just my 2 cents

After 18 years on the road I put in for a transfer to an inside clerk. Before the transfer I was reminded that if I did not take the bid that someone with less time than me would get it. I went to the bottom of the list of clerks when I left PC. I understood the way it worked, and I was ok with it at the time. Once my 30 days were in my new classification I was able to then bid on another clerk job closer to home in another bldg. Being classified as a clerk now I was able to get another bid before the 25 year PC driver because I was classified as a clerk now. I still got my vacation picks with no problem. I can understand where all of you are coming from on this issue. I was in Local 177 and I never heard anyone back then(2000) complain about the system that was in place when I got hired in "81" The members will have to vote on the changes they want, just grandfather those in place now and in due time it will be as they wish, for future members. Just my 2 cents
You are right on it should be put to a vote... What language that gets but in should be what the majority proposes...

[
I just asked because the word union means that you negotiate deals for all the members together not just one small group of package car drivers that just transferred......so to answer your question yes I would include everybody because it affects everbody and i don't only think about myself.......you make it sound like everyone votes....it's not only PTERS that don't vote.......in your career at ups how many meetings have you been to?
If local 177 fights for us as a whole... Then why do we have more PTers then FTers? Also, it's not just a small group of package drivers. It's porters, clerks, 22.3, and feeder.... They will be able to transfer to any full-time classification and carry their full-time seniority... I love how people can twist words around and and not know the difference between bidding within or outside of classifiction. It's comical!

rama'nfeeders

I am against any change to our seniority list. I do not agree someone in PC wants to go into Feeders and jump ahead of others because of company time, meanwhile you have a driver who has had a CDL for many years and has a ton of time on the road and he should drop backwards....I don't think so.

rama'nfeeders

One problem is that the trio who went to a lawyer to sue the Union has been misleading alot of the members, especially the PC drivers. If anything was to be changed at all it would have to be REDLINED!!! When a company makes a change financially to there employees going from say a pension to A 401k plan. Management in UPS just changed this to there own by saying if you were born after 1975 than you will not receive a 401k only a pension. So remember think hard b4 you put in any proposals and vote on something you know nothing about. Mike Jones screwed up years ago by going back to package and now he wants to jump up the seniority list like 250 spots all for his selfish reasons. Good Luck Boys!!!!!!

I am against any change to our seniority list. I do not agree someone in PC wants to go into Feeders and jump ahead of others because of company time, meanwhile you have a driver who has had a CDL for many years and has a ton of time on the road and he should drop backwards....I don't think so.

One problem is that the trio who went to a lawyer to sue the Union has been misleading alot of the members, especially the PC drivers. If anything was to be changed at all it would have to be REDLINED!!! When a company makes a change financially to there employees going from say a pension to A 401k plan. Management in UPS just changed this to there own by saying if you were born after 1975 than you will not receive a 401k only a pension. So remember think hard b4 you put in any proposals and vote on something you know nothing about. Mike Jones screwed up years ago by going back to package and now he wants to jump up the seniority list like 250 spots all for his selfish reasons. Good Luck Boys!!!!!!

1) It doesn't matter what you think. What matters is the winning vote.

2) If you think you are getting a red line YOU ARE SMOKING SOME SERIOUS ROCK!

Good luck to you. YOU ARE OUT NUMBERED AND GOING TO NEED IT!!

rama'nfeeders

Unfortunately for East Coast Navy even if there was a change in any seniority/classification there would have to be a Red Line to start this new seniority list you just can't flip flop the list. Also, when we go into National Negotiations what are you willing to give up for a change in seniority? Summer casuals? Part time shifters? Part timers delivering our grounds? The Company loves to see us divided. People think the Union is mad at the group trying to change the seniority /classification well they couldn't be more wrong. The majority are the ones upset when you turn around and want to sue the Union which in retrospect you are suing the Members which last time I checked you are Members of Local 177. So therefore, you are suing yourselves!!!

Unfortunately for East Coast Navy even if there was a change in any seniority/classification there would have to be a Red Line to start this new seniority list you just can't flip flop the list. Also, when we go into National Negotiations what are you willing to give up for a change in seniority? Summer casuals? Part time shifters? Part timers delivering our grounds? The Company loves to see us divided. People think the Union is mad at the group trying to change the seniority /classification well they couldn't be more wrong. The majority are the ones upset when you turn around and want to sue the Union which in retrospect you are suing the Members which last time I checked you are Members of Local 177. So therefore, you are suing yourselves!!!
1) Who says it has to be a Red Line? Was it a red line when it was changed the first time?

2) Who says the company wants something or if they do, do you think the union will let the company ask for it? The company never asked for anything when they changed it back in the day. The company never asked for anything in 93. The company doesn't care. If they do want something, the union will tell the company if you ask for something they could lose a golden opportunity to make less lists.

3) Who says anyone is suing? The lawyer stated in the letter "If you do not listen and address issues the members want addressed,we will take further action and file a labor charge".