LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

rama'nfeeders

What was changed in the 90'schedule was when you went from package to feeders you went to bottom of the seniority list as well as your vacations. When there was one list in the late 70's or early 80's the company was one district and than they broke it up to 3 districts.

The Milkman

They changed that vacations and layoffs go by company time.

That happened to me when I went from Pkg to Clerk, I kept my vacation time but I was now at the bottom of the clerk list in that classification. I understood that when I went inside back in 2000 in 177. I had no problem with it because I was just happy to be off the road at the time. Those were the rules of the local at that time and I was ok with it. If someone had more time than me in pkg and if they wanted to get out of pkg then they earned that right. Senority has it's place when you earn it. But different locals had different ways of doing things. If that Local votes for the rules that are in place then any change must come from the members. Most don't care because they are happy in Pkg. But as you get older an inside job helps you get to the finish line in decent shape

What was changed in the 90'schedule was when you went from package to feeders you went to bottom of the seniority list as well as your vacations. When there was one list in the late 70's or early 80's the company was one district and than they broke it up to 3 districts.
You are correct about 93.

The one list was earlier then that. Probably in the 50's.

3 districts were made for company growth. It states in the contract that the company can create and collapse districts under needs of the company. It has nothing to do with seniority.

Nope, if we had a local wide seniority list I could bump in at Whites Creek in the top half instead of being close to the bottom in my home center.
That's not what we are asking for. You will not bump into a distrct, bldg or center. You have to transfer fisrt, carry your seniority when you do transfer then you can going through the bidding process.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I transferred centers, I dovetailed to the bottom of the bidding list, but pick vacations based on my company seniority and I am fine with that

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Why is this senoirity issue a problem for you now?15 years went by and not a word or complaint about seniority.....you said yourself this has been in place for 40 years.......how do you change the rules now and make it fair for everyone?possibly everyone hired after August 1st 2018 uses the one list seniority? Would that satisfy you?what is your plan on changing the rules for 9000 members?

Why is this senoirity issue a problem for you now?15 years went by and not a word or complaint about seniority.....you said yourself this has been in place for 40 years.......how do you change the rules now and make it fair for everyone?possibly everyone hired after August 1st 2018 uses the one list seniority? Would that satisfy you?what is your plan on changing the rules for 9000 members?
For me I don't like bidding out side of classification. When it was always brought up, I would say doesn't sound good for me.. I was willing to settle with what we have.
Now that a small group of guys came up with a plan to leave the bidding Language and just carry your seniority when you transfer and no one gets bumped off their job (expect feeder). I was like where do I sign. Also it was 7400ish after 2014.
I don't think ups hired extra 1600 employees. It would satisfy me if that happened and we regain our seniority after Aug. 1 2018

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

For me I don't like bidding out side of classification. When it was always brought up, I would say doesn't sound good for me.. I was willing to settle with what we have.
Now that a small group of guys came up with a plan to leave the bidding Language and just carry your seniority when you transfer and no one gets bumped off their job (expect feeder). I was like where do I sign. Also it was 7400ish after 2014.
I don't think ups hired extra 1600 employees. It would satisfy me if that happened and we regain our seniority after Aug. 1 2018
So you want the rules to change to fit your needs at this time......if it turns out that you fall lower on the one list because of 30 year guys deciding to go to feeders will you want to change it back to fit your needs

So you want the rules to change to fit your needs at this time......if it turns out that you fall lower on the one list because of 30 year guys deciding to go to feeders will you want to change it back to fit your needs
This is for everyone that wants it, which is the majority. I bet this was the same talk when they changed it years ago. Also you bet your bass that 30 man or woman deserves every bit of seniority he or she has earned and I'm proud to say that.

ikoi62

This is for everyone that wants it, which is the majority. I bet this was the same talk when they changed it years ago. Also you bet your bass that 30 man or woman deserves every bit of seniority he or she has earned and I'm proud to say that.

Majority meaning a 50 to 100 feeder drivers,out of 7400 members.

Majority meaning a 50 to 100 feeder drivers,out of 7400 members.
Ya 300 signatures out of 7000 doesn't seem like the majority to me.

Like he keeps saying though. It doesn't matter what he wants. It matters what the majority of members want.
415 internet and 35 hard copy signed are petition.. Also there was 1600ish that voted out 7400ish in 2008 to 2013 local 177 supplement. Don't worry more will vite yes to this.. If not they would have signed your petition...