Made it through Peak Season

Beerus the Destroyer

Today was my last day of Peak Season, the first two weeks were the busiest I got 51 hours first week, 54 the 2nd and 47 the third and 40 the 4th. Now ready for a 3 day weekend. How was your Peak Season?.

Merry Christmas Folks.

Beerus the Destroyer

On January 9th I go back to school. My first class starts at 9:30am Mondays and Wednesdays, and at 12pm noon on for Fridays. And yes 9:30 am is the only time for this class it's a major requirement. This isn't going to be a problem right?. I talked to one of my supervisors about it and he said it's fine, he also said the volume should drop down by then.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
On January 9th I go back to school. My first class starts at 9:30am Mondays and Wednesdays, and at 12pm noon on for Fridays. And yes 9:30 am is the only time for this class it's a major requirement. This isn't going to be a problem right?. I talked to one of my supervisors about it and he said it's fine, he also said the volume should drop down by then.
Like most things at ups... it wont be a problem until it is. The minute that trailers are running late getting in and the sort runs long....I hope you know you don't just "get to leave"....lol

km3

Peak is easy. Make it through January when we're still pushing ridiculous volume with half the people, or February when they're trying to find any reason to write you up, then we'll talk.

DriverNerd

Driver here. Worked 67 hours last week (70 hour) and the week before (worked as a helper after my 60). Worked 58 hours so far this week, with more tomorrow. (We're on 70's this week too). Weather was much better this week so made for a better final week.

Re-Raise

Made it and on vacation next week. I have been here over 30 years and it is amazing the volume we are running through our center compared to when I started.

I remember when a bad day at peak was when we got all of the holiday cheese in. Amazon didn't even exist then as far as I know.

We really need to negotiate some kind of cost structure that increases the cost of shipping as we get closer to Christmas. Maybe we can somehow condition people to start thinking about their Christmas purchases a couple of weeks earlier.

Or not.