Made it through Peak Season

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On January 9th I go back to school. My first class starts at 9:30am Mondays and Wednesdays, and at 12pm noon on for Fridays. And yes 9:30 am is the only time for this class it's a major requirement. This isn't going to be a problem right?. I talked to one of my supervisors about it and he said it's fine, he also said the volume should drop down by then.

You should be fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, at least he/she got superb training.

If only he/she would have taken advantage of it.

Let me give you a summation of a typical day:

Helper shows up to meet point and then decides that he needs to use the rest room before putting on his reflective vest and ice cleats. On the one day that I showed up 10 minutes early he decided that he was going to wait until his start time before doing any work. Refused to believe that it is actually easier to push a loaded hand cart rather than pull it or that it is safer to walk around behind the package car when crossing the street. He also thought that there was no need to driver release packages out of sight/weather and that consignees would prefer to have them placed right in front of their entry doors, forcing them to have to move them to get in or out of their homes. He felt that it was his obligation to smoke as many cigarettes as possible during his 4-6 hour shift and to place the cigarette just inside the passenger door every time he had to make a delivery. He was quite certain that helpers had a four guarantee and that they were underpaid. He also felt it his duty to remind me that I get paid by the hour and that I should slow down to accommodate his work pace.

In spite of this loser I had one of the best Peaks ever.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Today was my last day of Peak Season, the first two weeks were the busiest I got 51 hours first week, 54 the 2nd and 47 the third and 40 the 4th. Now ready for a 3 day weekend. How was your Peak Season?.

Merry Christmas Folks.
So light on hours? Why are they holding back?

WorknLateHuh

I gave my 1 year notice today that I wont be working Christmas eve next year on Sunday.

They laughed. I said, "Will you be laughing when I don't show up?"

Last edited: