Management weaponizing hour lunch

Packmule

In our building,we are required to take at least one half hour with ten paid. We have the option of up to an hour. I've been taking a half hour for years and since I hit them with 4 9.5 grievances in a row two years ago they are pretty careful to keep me down. So far this year I couldn't begin to get on the 9.5 list because I would in a heartbeat and they know it.
Lunch has nothing to do with dispatch. If you want the hours down you gotta file. Otherwise shut up. Your failure to file means you want the work. And take a full hour if you want. Me, I take what break I need for me and have no interest in babysitting the truck for longer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have a big issue in our building with lots of drivers on the9.5 list. So the company has started forcing us to take 1 hour lunches, But not everyone. The people with service issues get a pass.

It's annoying as hell when they tell one person take a half,and force the other person with discipline if they don't take theirs.

All during Xmas we were one big happy family and now the yearly war has begun. How is your management team handing lunches?
Sounds like management is eating your lunch! :halfdead:

sportsjock

Our shop steward monitors who's taking half hour lunches. According to the new contract their are no more half hour lunches, you must take an hour lunch. If you need to take a half to make service you have to get the ok from the center manager.

They added a cross town split on me twenty stops on the back end, 7000 and 8000 shelf. I took my full hour lunch and :censored2: hit the fan, all twenty stops were sheeted as commercial missed. I told them b4 leaving the building I will not make those stops until after five. I have my own commercial stops to make service on. Needless to say the center manager was sitting in the office when I pulled in, he wanted me to void and re sheet all the missed as resi. I refused to do that! I asked him are you asking me to falsify records? Haven't seen that split since. I take my hour everyday! You load me up you pay.. It's a very simple thing and I'm not running.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It doesn't take a whole hour to sort a truck. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes (by the time lunch rolls around) to set it up stop for stop

You would be surprised. Our center has 5-10 guys sorting their truck 1/2 hr before start time. Me I don't even get edd till start time. I just don't want to know

You would be surprised. Our center has 5-10 guys sorting their truck 1/2 hr before start time. Me I don't even get edd till start time. I just don't want to know
Drivers coming in early to sort and load their trucks off the clock used to be a problem in my building. After numerous grievances Labor Manager has said he will put a stop to it including progressive discipline.

BrownTexas

Drivers coming in early to sort and load their trucks off the clock used to be a problem in my building. After numerous grievances Labor Manager has said he will put a stop to it including progressive discipline.
We Stewards file on behalf of those working in their trucks before start time. It caused a huge ordeal because those working in their car didn't want the pay and management "threatened" to write them up for doing so. THat lasted a week and they were back in their cars...

We Stewards file on behalf of those working in their trucks before start time. It caused a huge ordeal because those working in their car didn't want the pay and management "threatened" to write them up for doing so. THat lasted a week and they were back in their cars...
No excuse to work off the clock. Glad we DONT have that problem here.

I just don't get those that like to work for free... And in the process take money out of the part timers pocket.
That was why the grievances were filed. Preload would send the PT home and let the drivers work off the clock. Of course the drivers all have a good excuse to work off the clock. They say they will make it up in bonus or they can have an easier day and get home sooner. They also find misloads that they would have to run. It's a really good deal for management.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not my problem how route is set up. I take lunch (one hour) between 1 and 3. Let management worry about anything else.

It is amazing how fast routes can get changed when drivers stop cheating themselves.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

No excuse to work off the clock. Glad we DONT have that problem here.
If you code it as preload will they change their start time? In my center we have a couple drivers who have really poor loaders. They come in everyday to sort their truck before start time. As long as they code it as P60 and their punch time is at or before their P60 time starts I will always change their start time so that they get the pay for doing it.

In my mind if you are working, you better be getting paid.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Our shop steward monitors who's taking half hour lunches. According to the new contract their are no more half hour lunches, you must take an hour lunch. If you need to take a half to make service you have to get the ok from the center manager.

They added a cross town split on me twenty stops on the back end, 7000 and 8000 shelf. I took my full hour lunch and :censored2: hit the fan, all twenty stops were sheeted as commercial missed. I told them b4 leaving the building I will not make those stops until after five. I have my own commercial stops to make service on. Needless to say the center manager was sitting in the office when I pulled in, he wanted me to void and re sheet all the missed as resi. I refused to do that! I asked him are you asking me to falsify records? Haven't seen that split since. I take my hour everyday! You load me up you pay.. It's a very simple thing and I'm not running.
Right on! Keep it up. There needs to be a lot more people like you. Lead by example.

happybob

Feeders
Don't file on behalf of those doing the work. That never works unless those workers sign the grievance. File for the senior driver in the center to be paid for not being offered the extra work. You should be able to find a few drivers senior to those clowns to sign the grievance and get paid for the hours the clowns are working. Contact your local and ask them to put the heat on the company to put a stop to the early starters working for free. You would be surprised how fast it will stop.

Wally

I would love to see the numbers as runner gunners are forced to do the right thing for a change.

sportsjock

Man the new hires in my center are blowing routes out without cracking a sweat. They average about 220-260 stops a day. Finishing by 6 o'clock. Most of them are all getting hurt

Brownsfan

Update from the hour lunch chronicles.
Every driver In the building is taking an hour lunch and everyday it seems like the sky is falling. We have missed pickups, missed pieces and people out till 10:30 every night. I must say that when everybody takes an hour it does create more work and more jobs.
We use to have full timers covering routes and air runs. now the part timers are doing the air runs instead. I kinda like the hour lunch now. The day is much less intense knowing your gonna be out late regardless of what you try to do.

Indecisi0n

Keep working only taking half hour lunches and soon the hour lunch with be taken away in negotiations. I swear for an adult men some of you are out right stupid. My dog can see further into the future than some of you guys.

Wally

Update from the hour lunch chronicles.
Every driver In the building is taking an hour lunch and everyday it seems like the sky is falling. We have missed pickups, missed pieces and people out till 10:30 every night. I must say that when everybody takes an hour it does create more work and more jobs.
We use to have full timers covering routes and air runs. now the part timers are doing the air runs instead. I kinda like the hour lunch now. The day is much less intense knowing your gonna be out late regardless of what you try to do.

Gee, maybe, just maybe, management might have to hire a few more drivers?

Will the runner-gunners ever wake up?