Manager told HR I had been terminated by "mistake"?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by atlastitan, Apr 10, 2015.

1. atlastitan

atlastitan New Member

Hey I have been a pt for a little over a year. I just came back from a vacation week off and when I when in to ask about driver FT papers my HR representative said apparently I wasn't working there anymore. LOL. She said when she asked the Manager he said I had been terminated. I obviously haven't been terminated and management has no complaints about me at all. She called him and he was like no it was a mistake and apologized to her I guess. But then she was like I don't know how you're getting paid. So right now I am trying to figure out how to get my vacation week paid and also want to make sure I get paid for my hours this coming week. Who should I go to for this? I am planning to see the manager if I have a chance but should I go back to HR? I am also trying to hand in my transfer request for FT. Do I turn that in to HUB manager too?
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Go to your manager, if your pay is not right and fixed, file a grievance and get penalty pay.
    If you are on vacation, they should of paid that 2 weeks ago. If you are talking about last weeks pay, ask for a green check.
    Manager, I don't think HR deals with payroll for those types of things.
    Management? If so disregard everything above. If not, there is no such thing, but to sign a FT bid sheet.
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Had a similar situation happen to me years ago. Never missed a day of pay and only discovered it when I did not get paid for a Holiday. Wasn't so funny when the wife took the kids to the Doctor and was told we no longer had insurance. Took a couple months to straighten out.
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Is the manager named Arnold?
  5. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeahhhh, if you could just go ahead and move down to the basement that'd be great. Mmkay? Thanks Milton.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Do you have a red stapler ?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The 8 looked like a 6 in your name.
  8. atlastitan

atlastitan New Member

i spoke to management. now im just awaiting my vacation check before next week. Thanks for letting me know about penalty pay. BTW I announced my vacation week late thats why pay wasn't given in advance.