McCain and Palin

diesel96

Diesel, do you mind if I ask how old you are? No agenda, just curious. If you would rather not say, I understand.
Irrelevant....besides age is just a number.:happy2:

Diesel youre just mad because you know this pick will put the GOP a good possibility of winning, theres no other reason for it.

Wishful thinking.....not mad at all....but feel sorry for Sarah Palin, who's name and family unfortunately will be drag thru the dirt such as Obama and family has.:happy2:

this ticket hasnt played the religion card or the moral high ground card.Because thats not what this election is about

Please....since day one, attacking Obama's character, wife, family, race, religion was all this election was about, and still is...in soundbytes:happy2:

D, conservative people dont own the moral high ground. Libs use this excuse because they have no boundaries. Whatever anyone wants is ok as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else right? Well some set standards and those standards dont always get met.... welcome to the human race. We all make mistakes. That's easy for some to see, but secularists use it to call others hypocritical.

Without getting into my religious beliefs Tourists, who are you or I to judge what the standards are, and who's to say "secularist" don't have standards as well? The religious right? The standards of yesteryear don't always apply to today. How about when they told Elvis he's not allowed to shake his hips, or you can't play rock-n-roll.

And it wouldn't be such a big deal except when you run on the platform that Republican/conservatives own the moral highground
Oh...did I mention her husband's DUI conviction in 1986.

Was that the same year George W got a DUI and the same year Clinton didn't inhale? No the same year Clinton didn't have sexual relations with that woman Flowers and Jones?

Glad you feel that way.....maybe you can write to your RNC and the Evangelical wing and tone down the moral highground rhetoric. The Dem's, Independents and Libertarians don't push those claims or judgements onto others.:happy2:

I think the reaction, by libs, to the naming of Palin is very telling. They know McCain hit a home run and their panic is evident. I have never seen such a concerted effort to discredit someone who (they would like us to believe) is no threat to them. If McCain blew it, move on. Forget about her. Plan your inaguration. He he he, but you know, and I know, that ain't the case. :happy2:

You have every right to feel that way, it's just you portray it as fact when you know it's an opinon. They are many opinions formed on all sides. I just didn't realize you spoke for the entire "Libs" population. My reaction to McCain's VP chioce only strenghten my confidence in a Obama victory come Nov. I would have been more concerned if John picked Romney or Guliani truthfully....but that's just IMO:happy2:

Excellent! It's hard to fall short of your standard when you have no standard.

Great....do you think we should invade countries with lower standards than us:happy2:

my my diesels posts are so angry lately.:happy-very: Diesel are you ok. We expect love and understanding from the liberals. this new mean side just does not fit you.:happy-very:

I didn't realize anger spewed from my replies Tie, thx for keeping me in check...BTW..Notice the smiley faces on my recent replies:happy2:

tourists24

Without getting into my religious beliefs Tourists, who are you or I to judge what the standards are, and who's to say "secularist" don't have standards as well? The religious right? The standards of yesteryear don't always apply to today. How about when they told Elvis he's not allowed to shake his hips, or you can't play rock-n-roll.
I dont have a problem with someone just because of their religion or lack thereof; but dont say the religious right forces beliefs on others and then tell us what is right or wrong. The only standard a secularist has is one set by themselves which, in theory, sounds fine. Problem is society still has to have a set of standards, and who gets to set that standard when you have no model whatsoever to go by.

Glad you feel that way.....maybe you can write to your RNC and the Evangelical wing and tone down the moral highground rhetoric. The Dem's, Independents and Libertarians don't push those claims or judgements onto others.:happy2:
The Dems dont push moral highground rhetoric? Boy are you being naive

theloader

I said this was a bad pick when it first happened and I feel so even more. It has become obvious that Palin was not properly vetted. McCain made a gamble and while there is still a chance it could pay off, it certainly doesn't seem that way at this point. There is now a flood of stories coming out about Palin and while none of them individually will make much difference, the narrative is working heavily against the Republican ticket. Many news sources are mentioning that McCain plans to stick with the Palin choice. That the issue of scrapping her is even raised, though, is a terrible sign for the Them.

brownhorn

Pushing abstinence only education, which she did as governor of Alaska, seems to have bitten her on the butt. Didn't even work in her own house, and it's supposed to work state wide? The puritans with their head in the sand need to realize that teens are going to have sex. Sorry, it's just true. Responsibility begins before the decision to do it, and educating young minds is our job, parents AND teachers.

And you people remarking on how ugly Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton were while in the White House in the awkward teen years are SORRY. I don't even need to expand on that.

diesel96

Diesel, i think you need a gf because you have way to much time to be cutting out quotes from all of us ;)

Welcome to current events.....quote cutting gives an avenue to respond to a specific boneheaded or brilliant remark and allows one to get right to the point. Saves space and time for plenty of extra curricular activities:tongue_sm

I said this was a bad pick when it first happened and I feel so even more. It has become obvious that Palin was not properly vetted. McCain made a gamble and while there is still a chance it could pay off, it certainly doesn't seem that way at this point. There is now a flood of stories coming out about Palin and while none of them individually will make much difference, the narrative is working heavily against the Republican ticket. Many news sources are mentioning that McCain plans to stick with the Palin choice. That the issue of scrapping her is even raised, though, is a terrible sign for the Them.

Perfect example of Obama and McCain's first stab of showing presidential judgement.
Obama makes a safe, reliable choice that shores up any doubts of his weakness on foriegn policy or experience with Joe Biden.
McCain with admittingly economic woes IMO takes a big gamble on a relative newcomer, half term Gov of Alaska Sarah Palin. I fail to see how this pick shores up his weaknesses and furthermore who's making the chioces for him. I think it's safe to say we all perfer a president that calls his own shots.:peaceful:

Nice post Brownhorn...well said :peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
Perfect example of Obama and McCain's first stab of showing presidential judgement.
Obama makes a safe, reliable choice that shores up any doubts of his weakness on foriegn policy or experience with Joe Biden.
McCain with admittingly economic woes IMO takes a big gamble on a relative newcomer, half term Gov of Alaska Sarah Palin. I fail to see how this pick shores up his weaknesses and furthermore who's making the chioces for him. I think it's safe to say we all perfer a president that calls his own shots.:peaceful:

Nice post Brownhorn...well said :peaceful:

Democrats love women with union husbands who have daughters with teen pregnancy issues unless that person is a republican.

Where is the love and understanding my liberal friend?

tieguy

Banned

I'm not too worried about the vetting of a 17 year old pregnancy. Lets be honest here if she was the daughter of a democrat then she would have had an abortion and none would be the wiser.

I really like everything I've read about her so far. Her background bio is quite impressive. I think she is as real as any candidate I have ever seen. If she ends up being as real when I have had a chance to see her in action then I will be very happy with her.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I heard the republicans have announced this weekend will be 1st annual get the vote out campaign. All the teenage girls will be there looking to get knocked up.

While the democrats will attend to assist in the handing out of condoms.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I heard the republicans have announced this weekend will be 1st annual get the vote out campaign. All the teenage girls will be there looking to get knocked up.

While the democrats will attend to assist in the handing out of condoms.

Goes to show the two parties can work together...reaching across the aisles.

drewed

Shankman
these are my guesstimates

President McCain
VP Palin
Atty Gen Guiliani
Sec State Lieberman
Sec Def petreus could be a possible pick
Sec of Commerces MIKE ESKEW ahaha

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched Fred Thompson's speech at the RNC. He did a wonderful job. Even Joe Lieberman, though not as eloquent ,did a great job also.

They didn't have to dig hard to show the inadequacies of Obama's candidacy.

Enjoyed it thoroughly :peaceful:!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
these are my guesstimates
Sec of Commerces MIKE ESKEW ahaha

Much more likely to be Fred S since Fred and McCain are really good friends going back many years.
In fact Fred S led the McCain exploratory committee for president. And he has donated much money to McCain over the years.
Ever wonder why UPS could not get anywhere with FedEx having employees as contractors until the Democrats got control of Congress?

tieguy

Banned
705 Red....you're not a comedian, that was just dumb !!:dissapointed:

It is a little on the edge.

What bothers me more is the press playing up the issue under the guise of vetting. Why would anyone possibly expect Palins candidacy to be denied simply because her daughter ignored all the good advice given and made a bad decision. Or maybe we should commend them for believing they should bring the child to birth rather then committing homicidial birth control.

I love the fact the sun is now posting email addresses for their reporters. It allowed me to email a reporter today and congratulate him on his National enquirer quality piece on Palins daughter.