Mechanic claims bathroom is ‘private’ and exclusive to Mechanics only. Am I the A hole for using it anyways?

takesteady

The other day while I was taking a piss, a mechanic tells me the bathroom I am in is private and for mechanics only. I’m a little miffed at being accosted like that while peeing, but after I prematurely cut it off and wash my hands, I ask him to explain what he means.

So he tells that up until a few months ago, the bathroom was a fusion locker room/ bathroom for the mechanics where they keep their clothing and equipment, but that recently management turned it into a public Bathroom and cut the lock they used to keep people out. He tells me stuff has been going missing since they turned it public and that they feel uncomfortable when they are naked and random people walk in(lol).

I told him I understand that management can be d bags and that I would leave if I saw anybody in various states of undress, but that I would probably keep using it because it’s the closest to my work area and the next nearest is across the building. I pointed to the placard on the door and basically said ‘It’s a public bathroom now’. He looked kinda angry, but left it at that. Now whenever I use the bathroom, they all shoot me daggers when I walk in.

I did a little more digging and according to my friend who’s been at the building for 30 years, it was originally a public bathroom and only reverted to a mechanic bathroom a decade ago, now they’re changing it back again I guess.

Any advice on how to deal with this situation diplomatically? I don’t know if they are teamsters. I feel like a dick, but at the same it really is quite a walk to the next bathroom and unless my supervisor says I can’t use it anymore, I’m probably going to keep using it. Thoughts?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The other day while I was taking a piss, a mechanic tells me the bathroom I am in is private and for mechanics only. I’m a little miffed at being accosted like that while peeing, but after I prematurely cut it off and wash my hands, I ask him to explain what he means.

So he tells that up until a few months ago, the bathroom was a fusion locker room/ bathroom for the mechanics where they keep their clothing and equipment, but that recently management turned it into a public Bathroom and cut the lock they used to keep people out. He tells me stuff has been going missing since they turned it public and that they feel uncomfortable when they are naked and random people walk in(lol).

I told him I understand that management can be d bags and that I would leave if I saw anybody in various states of undress, but that I would probably keep using it because it’s the closest to my work area and the next nearest is across the building. I pointed to the placard on the door and basically said ‘It’s a public bathroom now’. He looked kinda angry, but left it at that. Now whenever I use the bathroom, they all shoot me daggers when I walk in.

I did a little more digging and according to my friend who’s been at the building for 30 years, it was originally a public bathroom and only reverted to a mechanic bathroom a decade ago, now they’re changing it back again I guess.

Any advice on how to deal with this situation diplomatically? I don’t know if they are teamsters. I feel like a dick, but at the same it really is quite a walk to the next bathroom and unless my supervisor says I can’t use it anymore, I’m probably going to keep using it. Thoughts?

Piss all over the seat if he wants to bitch give him some thing to bitch about

takesteady

It’s funny and I don’t really care THAT much, but every time I go in there the conversations stop and they all look at me like I barged into their secret mechanic meeting or something until I leave . I never poop at work, but now I’m tempted to drop a massive load in their barely ventilated secret club house.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It’s funny and I don’t really care THAT much, but every time I go in there the conversations stop and they all look at me like I barged into their secret mechanic meeting or something until I leave . I never poop at work, but now I’m tempted to drop a massive load in their barely ventilated secret club house.

The real question is why do they spend so much time in the crapper

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
When I worked inside, the closest restroom to my PD said mechanics only on the door. Nobody gave a s*. More than once I’ve walked in to take a piss and saw a mech standing there in his underwear changing. Just don’t stare for too long and handle you’re business.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The mechanics at my old building put a code lock on "their" bathroom after some preloader trashed it, dude smeared feces all over the walls and floor. Can't say I blame them.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Most of the locker rooms in my hub have a bathroom attached. As far as stuff going missing he should have a lock for his locker.

In my facility our locker room is next to one of the bathrooms. We share the bathroom with everyone else in the hub.

Uncomfortable changing? Really what is he 10 years old. Who gives a :censored2:.

quad decade guy

Well, we have a feeder tranny(dude cut off privates and all, so I hear).....which bathroom does he get to use....yes he( cause he's just a dude with cut off privates...still and always)?