Meeting with boss

sikidiki

also at night time gps is sooo nice, you can see what roads are ahead without having to guess what number just floated by because the headlights on ups trucks are amazing right?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
THANK YOU ^^ i am a whiny boy for sure, but like ive said before, the route im trained on i no longer need my gps and its nice, but to be blind where no 2 houses are on the same road and they are named names like sheep and par tee lane, how the friend am i expected to know where those are and how is looking at a map for the same amount of time or more faster than putting in the address and going straight to it? These older dudes probably have sundials on their dashboard to tell the time right? LUL

Being on a country route blind is terrible. First time I covered one and checked Orion in the morning it looked like someone sprayed silly string all over the map. Our sups give us maps that were surveyed sometime during the Van Buren administration so they don't help either.
When making a left turn down Squealing Pig lane, watch for angry Indians.
Expect the unexpected.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
THANK YOU ^^ i am a whiny boy for sure, but like ive said before, the route im trained on i no longer need my gps and its nice, but to be blind where no 2 houses are on the same road and they are named names like sheep and par tee lane, how the friend am i expected to know where those are and how is looking at a map for the same amount of time or more faster than putting in the address and going straight to it? These older dudes probably have sundials on their dashboard to tell the time right? LUL
A map will help you learn a rural route much faster compared to gps.

With gps you are getting a very small slice of the overall route. With a map you get to see how multiple stops connect together thru-out the route.

Plus it's been proven people retain more information when reading on paper than when reading a screen.

sikidiki

A map will help you learn a rural route much faster compared to gps.

With gps you are getting a very small slice of the overall route. With a map you get to see how multiple stops connect together thru-out the route.

Plus it's been proven people retain more information when reading on paper than when reading a screen.

I am going to find some QUALITY maps and start reading them and bring them with me, because the maps the guy prints me with the stops on them are horrible and show me nothing, Basically a low resolution version of the orion screen and the street names are too small to read.

I will eventually learn with repetition and recognize houses ive been to, but it just takes time i dont expect to know where im going for a little while, each time gets easier though.

sikidiki

I also don't want to derail this thread too badly but i do have horrible anxiety that i take medication for and having that gps with me at all times makes it possible that i can even do this job, because if i didn't have it, i couldn't do it. According to the ADA ( Americans with Disabilities Act ) i am protected and cannot be harassed for using the gps and it is my accommodation. I may be a slow learner and have some horrible anxiety but i have proven i can retain information and eventually learn, as proven by bonusing on my trained route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am going to find some QUALITY maps and start reading them and bring them with me, because the maps the guy prints me with the stops on them are horrible and show me nothing, Basically a low resolution version of the orion screen and the street names are too small to read.

I will eventually learn with repetition and recognize houses ive been to, but it just takes time i dont expect to know where im going for a little while, each time gets easier though.
Personally here's what I've done.

Find the county seat they have the best maps 90% of the time. Get my maps laminated. Use dry erase marker to put a dot where each stop is. This takes maybe 10-15 minutes. Boom your whole day is set up

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I also don't want to derail this thread too badly but i do have horrible anxiety that i take medication for and having that gps with me at all times makes it possible that i can even do this job, because if i didn't have it, i couldn't do it. According to the ADA ( Americans with Disabilities Act ) i am protected and cannot be harassed for using the gps and it is my accommodation. I may be a slow learner and have some horrible anxiety but i have proven i can retain information and eventually learn, as proven by bonusing on my trained route.
I got some bad news for you. You are not allowed to drive on that medication. You will be fired if you are on it and driving....

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Find the county seat they have the best maps 90% of the time. Get my maps laminated. Use dry erase marker to put a dot where each stop is. This takes maybe 10-15 minutes. Boom your whole day is set up
48AAA161-E26B-40B7-B3E2-C8FF34525249.gif

PT Car Washer

Sometimes the lady at the Courthouse will give you a county map because you are the UPS man. Otherwise they are not very expensive to buy.