Minimums

FedupExpress

Rumor has it, minimums are going to be lowered?

For Part timers 17 to 12

For full timers 35 to 30?

Anyone know anything about this? A fellow box donkey recieved confirmation on this topic from a manager this morning...

FedupExpress

Yes....Its 17.5, not 17
No, it's 12 now from what I was told and at that point you also lose your medical benefits.

It's mostly old timers that don't work their minimums from what I've seen .

There isn't much to do anymore though so I'm sure layoffs are coming soon.

Artee

No, it's 12 now from what I was told and at that point you also lose your medical benefits.

It's mostly old timers that don't work their minimums from what I've seen .

There isn't much to do anymore though so I'm sure layoffs are coming soon.
Minimum is still 17.5. What you are confusing is that if you don't work a minimum of 12 hours a week, you will no longer receive health benefits. If you are on the property, working for 10/hrs a week and the company is paying you an extra 7.5 hours to get you to the minimum of 17.5 hours, the 7.5 hours they are paying you for are not considered hours worked and are not counted toward the 12 hours you need for health care coverage.

FedupExpress

Minimum is still 17.5. What you are confusing is that if you don't work a minimum of 12 hours a week, you will no longer receive health benefits. If you are on the property, working for 10/hrs a week and the company is paying you an extra 7.5 hours to get you to the minimum of 17.5 hours, the 7.5 hours they are paying you for are not considered hours worked and are not counted toward the 12 hours you need for health care coverage.
I understand that part, from what I heard they are lowering those minimums... As in no more 17 and no more 35 for Full time.

Eventually they will scrap minimums all together when ground takes over.

MAKAVELI

I understand that part, from what I heard they are lowering those minimums... As in no more 17 and no more 35 for Full time.

Ultimately the company will tank if Ground takes over. At that point minimums won't make a difference.

MAKAVELI

I don't know about that, did you see the numbers? Express isn't making the corporation any money.
That's because of the bloated 2 separate OPCOs. You don't hear about UPS Air operations bleeding the company. Express built the brand and still is the top Air carrier. Take that away and FedEx eventually dies a slow painful death.

Artee

Yes...You keep repeating that. People have been spreading that rumor for years. Minimums are not getting lowered at this time.