Mistakes you've made as a newbie

Browwnnose

Getting a mis sort with my supervisor's scanner.

Getting lost on my first trip to the hub and driving into the yard thinking the parking lot was in there somewhere.

Forgetting my water bottle.

ymelord

2nd day on the job standing at the back of truck, my manager told me when I pulled out to watch the swing of my truck not to hit the truck next to mine. One minute later I got in my truck pulled out hitting the truck next to mine ripping off the mirror. My boss was so pizzed off.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
chasing numbers instead of just doing the right thing because i thought my job was in danger

both as an hourly and a supe, i was wrong

dillweed

Leaning a heavy roll of fabric beside an open bulkhead door while preloading. Didn't take long before my jumping in and out of the back of the pkg car shifted the roll so that it fell forward and broke the windshield. When air driving tried to deliver a pkg to the wrong address - correct address was right across the street. Aslo, these businesses were only two blocks from the center. Drinking water in the summer instead of gatorade. Believing there was anything fair, moral or decent about the company/and or union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Backing over a row of newly planted trees while doing a 3 point turn.

Leaning the DIAD on the rear bumper and not realizing until I got to the next stop (it was still there--phew).

Letting my sense of urgency impair my better judgement.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Walked into a Funeral home shouting UPS during a service !!
Asked a very large woman when was the baby due while delivering a stroller ! No its for my sister, I'm just fat !! Never asked that again !!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
First week driving I brought a bunch of stops back to the center because it got dark. Asked sup what she wanted me to do with them. To my surprise, I was instructed to get back out there and finish delivering!

themidnightoil

working preload and not waking up to my alarm clock on my 2nd day 3am. got a call asking if I still wanted to work there. that was my only day late for work.

Dnking

FireFalcon
I dreamed I called in to the preload one night, spoke with my PM, and told him I wasnt coming in to work that night. Next day I came in to work, and got pulled in to the office with the Union Steward and my PM. Needless to say I had a no call-no show. When I told them about the dream, they stared at me like I was stupid..