Mistakes you've made as a newbie

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SnaggyCrab, Jun 11, 2011.

1. SnaggyCrab

SnaggyCrab New Member

Getting a mis sort with my supervisor's scanner.

Getting lost on my first trip to the hub and driving into the yard thinking the parking lot was in there somewhere.

Forgetting my water bottle.
  2. ymelord

ymelord Active Member

2nd day on the job standing at the back of truck, my manager told me when I pulled out to watch the swing of my truck not to hit the truck next to mine. One minute later I got in my truck pulled out hitting the truck next to mine ripping off the mirror. My boss was so pizzed off.
  3. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

chasing numbers instead of just doing the right thing because i thought my job was in danger

both as an hourly and a supe, i was wrong
  4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I can't remember that far it's been a long time. Heck I can't even remember when I didn't have kids.
  5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Rubbing the telephone pole when I went for my CDL-C. he-he. center manager was soooo mad!!!
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I have never made a mistake.
  7. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

Leaning a heavy roll of fabric beside an open bulkhead door while preloading. Didn't take long before my jumping in and out of the back of the pkg car shifted the roll so that it fell forward and broke the windshield. When air driving tried to deliver a pkg to the wrong address - correct address was right across the street. Aslo, these businesses were only two blocks from the center. Drinking water in the summer instead of gatorade. Believing there was anything fair, moral or decent about the company/and or union.
  8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

9. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Filled out a application for a job at UPS.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Backing over a row of newly planted trees while doing a 3 point turn.

Leaning the DIAD on the rear bumper and not realizing until I got to the next stop (it was still there--phew).

Letting my sense of urgency impair my better judgement.
  11. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Walked into a Funeral home shouting UPS during a service !!
    Asked a very large woman when was the baby due while delivering a stroller ! No its for my sister, I'm just fat !! Never asked that again !!
  12. washington57

washington57 New Member

13. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

First week driving I brought a bunch of stops back to the center because it got dark. Asked sup what she wanted me to do with them. To my surprise, I was instructed to get back out there and finish delivering!
  14. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

Losing my keys in the snow, come spring only found one
  15. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Mistakes I had a few, to few to mention, lol
  16. working preload and not waking up to my alarm clock on my 2nd day 3am. got a call asking if I still wanted to work there. that was my only day late for work.
  17. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Assuming that my management team was telling me the truth.
  18. Dnking

Dnking FireFalcon

I dreamed I called in to the preload one night, spoke with my PM, and told him I wasnt coming in to work that night. Next day I came in to work, and got pulled in to the office with the Union Steward and my PM. Needless to say I had a no call-no show. When I told them about the dream, they stared at me like I was stupid..
  19. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

No :censored2:, their only job is to lie all the time. Sure it's worth a grand a week.
  20. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

All my good responses have been stolen.

I guess that means we all make the same mistakes.