Most Pkgs Ever On My Route

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Very true. Coding they can change on a whim. They've done it before. And if they decide to take away our bonuses then that will come up in a new contract and we will have the choice to sign it or walk away.
See, you understand how this game works. Like I've said it's all about them. Those greedy basswholes.

CJinx

Weather exception codes should be used at the driver's discretion; they're the ones out there driving in the crappy weather. The problem comes when entire towns get scanned that way or multiple stops all at the same time. It's almost like a game catching people for scanning integrity.

Goldilocks

You don't think we all ready have overnight packages? They get more upset by DNAs on over night because it throws off their service. But the fact is it counts against my service the same way a building that closes early does.

Nothing will change when we take over your volume. We will meet the standards set by fedex in the contract. We will get our big bonus every month for service.

And we can use weather codes at OUR discretion. We don't need to check with management.

Buddy, you dont have a clue, you think you do but you dont. The STANDARD will be set in place and you will have to abide by that. How can you say customers dont matter and you will be spending time with your family. Fedex will come first or you wont be there. Remember this, because I have been here 28 years and KNOW this system. Big bonuses, good luck, because I have known many many managers with your frame of mind, driving up with their new BMW'S in front of all wage employees and thowing it in our faces, Guess what, they are scared to death right now about loosing their jobs. Look at the crystal ball, because in a couple of years this will be your fate. Dont take things for granted. You need to realize that YOU are a hanging chad just like the rest of us. Like I have said before, enjoy your bonus that you feed off of your wage emploees for, One Day, It's going to BITE you in the BUTT..

STFXG

Goldi, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me. Im a CONTRACTOR. I don't live off of bonuses. I live off what I make based on volume. A bonus is a bonus. And as long as my service goals are met I get paid that bonus.

You know THAT system. You know... the failing system? You don't know THIS system. And I know my place in THIS system. And I've been around long enough to know it very well and know my way around it. And to know how to work it in my best interest. When it no longer serves its purpose I will sell out and walk away. I adapt to the business model and take advantage of it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Steve and Sam,
All I'm saying is that once ground and / or home start del'ing XS or P2 from us, there will be no such thing as "I'm gonna stop delivering at 1700 so I can go to the lake for the weekend with my family". FDX won't go for that, you will have to get everything off the truck everyday b'c you're now del'ing what started out as an Express product.

And as far as superiority attitudes on this board, I agree, some people have been with X for a long time and feel much more for the company. I've only been with X for 6 yrs. so, don't feel quite the same way. But, you gotta agree that if someone is shipping something "ground" it can't be all that sensitive. If someone is shipping something over night, on the giddy-up, they really need it there.

Goldilocks

Goldi, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me. Im a CONTRACTOR. I don't live off of bonuses. I live off what I make based on volume. A bonus is a bonus. And as long as my service goals are met I get paid that bonus.

You know THAT system. You know... the failing system? You don't know THIS system. And I know my place in THIS system. And I've been around long enough to know it very well and know my way around it. And to know how to work it in my best interest. When it no longer serves its purpose I will sell out and walk away. I adapt to the business model and take advantage of it.

You mean the FAILING system that has been around since 1971? Tell me, how long has Ground been around? Sure I am just as fed up with the crap that goes around everyday at work but from the begining we the couriers had a mission to make this company work. Do your employees have such a devotion to Ground? Big difference. Once everthing is switched over soon will follow your new standards of operation. Mark my word.....Please do me a favor and dont flaunt your money in front of your employees like some of our Fedex manager do to us. It only causes resentment and anger. Drive your oldest car to work. It angers people that we work so hard and managers get paid for what we do. This is what Fedex does not what FERERAL EXPRESS did.

MaineGroundDriver

You mean the FAILING system that has been around since 1971? Tell me, how long has Ground been around? Sure I am just as fed up with the crap that goes around everyday at work but from the begining we the couriers had a mission to make this company work. Do your employees have such a devotion to Ground? Big difference. Once everthing is switched over soon will follow your new standards of operation. Mark my word.....Please do me a favor and dont flaunt your money in front of your employees like some of our Fedex manager do to us. It only causes resentment and anger. Drive your oldest car to work. It angers people that we work so hard and managers get paid for what we do. This is what Fedex does not what FERERAL EXPRESS did.

I've never understood the mentality of employees who resent management for what they make at their job. If you don't think you're paid what you're worth, find a job where you think you're "valued" ..

vantexan

I've never understood the mentality of employees who resent management for what they make at their job. If you don't think you're paid what you're worth, find a job where you think you're "valued" ..

I had a discussion with previous mgr shortly after they took a 3% paycut. I pointed out how ridiculous it was to expect mid-range employees to work forever for considerably less than topped out employees. If I remember right that was the year we didn't get a raise. All he could focus on was that he had just gotten a 3% cut and acted as if it were more serious than our slow pay progression. It's been my experience that most mgrs tend to turn any conversation about company problems back on what they have to deal with. Very few truly seem to care what we go through. And I've never understood the attitude of "if you don't like it why don't you leave?" We invest many years of our lives in a job we like, and are expected to just drop it like a hot potato if we don't like certain aspects of it. Whatever happened to sticking something out, seeing it through, showing some gumption, some intestinal fortitude? Can't complain about being lied to, just turn my life upside down and risk financial ruin because I'm not satisfied with the status quo? This is how abusers get away with abuse, make excuses for them and shift the problem onto the shoulders of the abused. I guess we should just shut up because what's really important is we're helping those who already have plenty to make even more. Yes, that's what we're here for.

Goldilocks

I make more than most managers. Thats not my point. I dont flaunt anything I have. Point is when you cut cut cut and employees hours to where they are making just enough to get by on, then come driving up in your new Beamer, there in my opinion is a problem. People will recent you. Its human nature. There is no way you would ever understand, only those of us who started with Express in the 70,80 and early 90 would understand. Managers and Couriers were a T E A M

We worked together great....None of them had the snooty attitudes some have shown on this thread. And specially to our customers. We all stayed until we got the job done. Bottom Line...

Last edited:

TUT

Yeah that's right, we've been lied to and manipulated but we have bad attitudes for not liking it. Guess what, few of us are going to work for guys like you, who make good off the efforts of underpaid laborers with no benefits. Justify your position all you want, you're part of the problem. And I understand that people who work for Ground are probably glad to have the work, and it's better than $8hr, but that doesn't make it right.

What would Fedex be if they didn't buy RPS back in the day? In a total world of hurt way greater then what laborers are seeing today. You would have been Bill Paxton Game Over years ago. The crux of the issue is the buying public isn't buying enough anymore of what Express is selling. If it did, it would have stayed business as usual. But the buying public, not your brass has control of that.

HomeDelivery

an Express courier rolled up to my home this afternoon while i was doing vehicle maintenance on my driveway... he had 3 express saver clothing bags for my wife. So, i don't think that's being diverted to ground anytime soon yet.

funny thing is why did Express not have the OEM radios installed in those sprinters??? i saw his boombox with an AC inverter & plugged to the power outlet in the "ashtray." the company already paid a premium for them, penny-pinching mother's...

vantexan

What would Fedex be if they didn't buy RPS back in the day? In a total world of hurt way greater then what laborers are seeing today. You would have been Bill Paxton Game Over years ago. The crux of the issue is the buying public isn't buying enough anymore of what Express is selling. If it did, it would have stayed business as usual. But the buying public, not your brass has control of that.

Not sure how that's related to what I said. FedEx had this vision of low paid, no benefit workers long before the economy imploded. If the economy was doing great, if Express was doing great, FedEx would STILL be carrying out this plan because all that matters is the most profit possible. Is FedEx hurting today? 2 Billion+ profit in a bad economy with high fuel prices. But that's neither here nor there, it's their company, they can do what they deem best. What is wrong is pulling the rug out from under long term workers after promising us a good future. They strung us along, used what should have been our pay raises and our pensions to pay for building Ground's infrastructure. And now we get the privilege of working minimal hours because we don't matter. And the buying public has been encouraged, persuaded, manipulated into buying more of Ground's service and less of our's to bump up the almighty profit. If they gave us all annual bonus checks that amounted to something as recognition of our part in their success then we'd have skin in the game. But all we're good for is substandard pay, stripped down benefits, and being cast off like dirty underwear. If they have the decency to top us out so that we could get by on 35 hrs I'll take it all back. Not holding my breath.

jmeti000

Not sure how that's related to what I said. FedEx had this vision of low paid, no benefit workers long before the economy imploded. If the economy was doing great, if Express was doing great, FedEx would STILL be carrying out this plan because all that matters is the most profit possible. Is FedEx hurting today? 2 Billion+ profit in a bad economy with high fuel prices. But that's neither here nor there, it's their company, they can do what they deem best. What is wrong is pulling the rug out from under long term workers after promising us a good future. They strung us along, used what should have been our pay raises and our pensions to pay for building Ground's infrastructure. And now we get the privilege of working minimal hours because we don't matter. And the buying public has been encouraged, persuaded, manipulated into buying more of Ground's service and less of our's to bump up the almighty profit. If they gave us all annual bonus checks that amounted to something as recognition of our part in their success then we'd have skin in the game. But all we're good for is substandard pay, stripped down benefits, and being cast off like dirty underwear. If they have the decency to top us out so that we could get by on 35 hrs I'll take it all back. Not holding my breath.

:goodpost:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Exactly. Well said. All of this is a long-term plan that they've been working on for years. The downturn of the Express market plays right into the spin they're trying to put on it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
an Express courier rolled up to my home this afternoon while i was doing vehicle maintenance on my driveway... he had 3 express saver clothing bags for my wife. So, i don't think that's being diverted to ground anytime soon yet.

funny thing is why did Express not have the OEM radios installed in those sprinters??? i saw his boombox with an AC inverter & plugged to the power outlet in the "ashtray." the company already paid a premium for them, penny-pinching mother's...

The omly FedEx vehicle I've ever driven with an OEM radio was a CTV.

vantexan

Exactly. Well said. All of this is a long-term plan that they've been working on for years. The downturn of the Express market plays right into the spin they're trying to put on it.

And that is exactly right. If they tried this in 2006 they'd have been exposed for what they are. Just like with the pension plan. They could have kept it, or an approximate equivalent of it, but many other companies were getting rid of their's so why not take advantage of the situation? With the constant downsizing of our pay and benefits to satisfy Wall Street's demands to show growth, the only logical conclusion at some point would be something akin to slavery, or at least indentured servitude.

STFXG

I've got a few stock sprinter radios sitting on the garage. Mine all get upgraded. For the right price you can have one!

Rhoderunner

506de67267956.jpg Logitech Bluetooth Wireless speaker and Pandora streaming from my unlimited data cell. :wink2:
506de67267956.jpg