Mothers Day

ILuvPandas

Any one else being forced to work Mothers Day?
Our pathetic management team just posted the schedule for Sunday last night.
It's so aggravating that they can't at least give you a weeks notice but they suck at doing staffing schedules.
On that note what happens if you call in sick on a day that you are forced to work
I'm express btw

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's so aggravating that they can't at least give you a weeks notice but they suck at doing staffing schedules.
On that note what happens if you call in sick on a day that you are forced to work
I'm express btw

Bad Panda!!! Bad, bad..bad. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking of your own Mom or wife before Fred's profit.

No bamboo for you.

I love extra hours but this weekend comes at a bad time. I was just drafted Thursday as I'm a 4x10 and placed on the Sunday list to work. I have a out of state wedding on Saturday.

What happens if you call out on a draft day?

Purplepackage

I'm express btw

I would just take the hours, I love that they black out the thursday and friday before Mother's Day like we're going to have peak level volume. Meanwhile the swings work 3 hours and go home

SmithBarney

Many "church" goers not coming in on Sunday.

I'll be in Sun to man the phones and maybe load a 700 or two..

I agree if Management cannot have a schedule in place, in a timely manner as they are required to, then it's their fault, let them enjoy the conference call.

As of Thursday night I'm the last one out the door, still no schedule or even a signup sheet...

!Retired!

I'm working Saturday. We have enough volunteers for Sunday, there was no chance of drafting anyone. I'm guessing once people found out there MIGHT be a 'draft', they just made plans to work.

My guess is Saturday will be overstaffed and off the clock by 1:00 at the latest. Sunday will be an even shorter day.

McFeely

Huge Member
I volunteered to work Saturday this weekend and was lucky to not get drafted to work on Sunday. Much better than Valentine's weekend, I worked both Sat and Sun.

!Retired!

I volunteered to work Saturday this weekend and was lucky to not get drafted to work on Sunday. Much better than Valentine's weekend, I worked both Sat and Sun.
We were told only non-DOT can work both.
Express runs on Sundays? That's pretty low.
Only for ProFlowers and Shari's Berries. We were told they have a deal with FedEx and guarantee a certain amount for Mothers Day and Valentine's Day. We also usually run the last Sunday before Christmas to get a jump on the last minute shoppers.