Mothers Day

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by ILuvPandas, May 5, 2016.

1. ILuvPandas

ILuvPandas New Member

Any one else being forced to work Mothers Day?
    Our pathetic management team just posted the schedule for Sunday last night.
    It's so aggravating that they can't at least give you a weeks notice but they suck at doing staffing schedules.
    On that note what happens if you call in sick on a day that you are forced to work
    I'm express btw
  2. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Bad Panda!!! Bad, bad..bad. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking of your own Mom or wife before Fred's profit.

No bamboo for you.
  3. ILuvPandas

ILuvPandas New Member

I also worked Valentines Day it was zero degrees freakin freezin!!
  4. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

In same boat with you. Going to soak up as many hours as possible. Then next Friday soak it even more since it will be straight overtime
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Purplepromise54

Purplepromise54 New Member

I love extra hours but this weekend comes at a bad time. I was just drafted Thursday as I'm a 4x10 and placed on the Sunday list to work. I have a out of state wedding on Saturday.

What happens if you call out on a draft day?
  6. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Drafted w/ two days notice... AH! sorry boss got other plans. FedEx aint my life. Piss up a rope
  7. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Not exactly sure what the discipline is, but I'm pretty certain it involves a fair amount of waterboarding.
  8. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

I would just take the hours, I love that they black out the thursday and friday before Mother's Day like we're going to have peak level volume. Meanwhile the swings work 3 hours and go home
  9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Many "church" goers not coming in on Sunday.

I'll be in Sun to man the phones and maybe load a 700 or two..

I agree if Management cannot have a schedule in place, in a timely manner as they are required to, then it's their fault, let them enjoy the conference call.

As of Thursday night I'm the last one out the door, still no schedule or even a signup sheet...
  10. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

My station asked for volunteers. I worked a Sunday once and signed up for this one. No commitment time, easy ot.
  11. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

I'm working Saturday. We have enough volunteers for Sunday, there was no chance of drafting anyone. I'm guessing once people found out there MIGHT be a 'draft', they just made plans to work.

My guess is Saturday will be overstaffed and off the clock by 1:00 at the latest. Sunday will be an even shorter day.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I'll be at home pampering my wife. No way I'm working a Sunday.
  13. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

We were given the option of working Saturday or Sunday or both if we so chose. Turns out they won't need everybody. I'll still work tomorrow.
  14. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

I volunteered to work Saturday this weekend and was lucky to not get drafted to work on Sunday. Much better than Valentine's weekend, I worked both Sat and Sun.
  15. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

We call those folks "targets" around here.
  16. Sparky

Sparky Member

They quietly posted the schedule, oh well straight OT
  17. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

Express runs on Sundays? That's pretty low.
  18. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

For Mother's Day and Christmas. Sometimes Valentine's Day.
  19. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

We were told only non-DOT can work both.
    Only for ProFlowers and Shari's Berries. We were told they have a deal with FedEx and guarantee a certain amount for Mothers Day and Valentine's Day. We also usually run the last Sunday before Christmas to get a jump on the last minute shoppers.
  20. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Or T-S can work both, as I am.