movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Home Invasion" (2015) last night. Pretty tense.

Also I watched 2 great movies when I couldn't sleep.........Kramer vs. Kramer and The Deerhunter......both with no commercial interruption on TCM. I'm gonna need a nap today !

rod

Retired 22 years
We watched "Home Invasion" (2015) last night. Pretty tense.

Also I watched 2 great movies when I couldn't sleep.........Kramer vs. Kramer and The Deerhunter......both with no commercial interruption on TCM. I'm gonna need a nap today !

I take a nap everyday (in the winter) -- whether I need it or not---just to make Jan. & Feb. go faster.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you just rent 1 movie and use that code your movie is free

Now you tell me---The Martian was one of the better shows I've seen lately. I still wouldn't buy it out right like some have to do. I never did understand why people want a collection of movies that for the most part they will only watch once or twice. Every movie they paid 10 to 30 bucks for I can go to the local pawn shop and buy for 2 or 3 bucks for 99% of them----and they are guaranteed in good condition.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Witch is worth watching. Kind of drama/suspense focused, not a lot of gore. It never does a lot of explaining either, some horror movies get stupid when the director tries to explain it by having someone read a book or google search :glare:.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched The Intern with Anne Hathaway and Robert Deniro....cute movie.

"70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker has discovered that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin. (Anne Hathaway).

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 'Room' tonight. It starred Bree Larson who won the Oscar for actress. It was different, but it was good. It reminded me of that made for TV movie with the kidnapped women in Cleveland.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Love the Coopers.

"When four generations of the Cooper clan come together for their annual Christmas Eve celebration, a series of unexpected visitors and unlikely events turn the night upside down, leading them all toward a surprising rediscovery of family bonds and the spirit of the holiday."

It's more of a character study than an action flick. Lots of stars......Marissa Tomei, Alan Arkin, Ed Helms, John Goodman, Diane Keaton, Steve Martin (voice of dog), Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde.....

It was OK.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched "black Mass" with Johnny Depp. It was really good.

"The true story of Whitey Bulger, the brother of a state senator and the most infamous violent criminal in the history of South Boston, who became an FBI informant to take down a Mafia family invading his turf."
I liked it.......

wayfair

swollen member
We just watched "black Mass" with Johnny Depp. It was really good.

"The true story of Whitey Bulger, the brother of a state senator and the most infamous violent criminal in the history of South Boston, who became an FBI informant to take down a Mafia family invading his turf."
I liked it.......

he was a mean effer

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched The Big Short....with Ryan Gosling, Steve Carrell, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale.......

"Four denizens in the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight."

It was a good movie and helps you better understand the housing collapse and the bank crap behind it.