MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

Ptrunner

Our building did a MRA a few years ago. And it did bring in new hires. But then the rest of the part time staff decided a fair days works fair day pay production plummeted. If they do it again I’m sure it’s gonna get worst.

Superteeth2478

Our building did a MRA a few years ago. And it did bring in new hires. But then the rest of the part time staff decided a fair days works fair day pay production plummeted. If they do it again I’m sure it’s gonna get worst.
Wouldn't blame the veterans, especially the ones that are either already at or above the MRA wage. Same deal with no catch-up raises for veterans when the new hires were being brought in at a higher pay rate with no time served. It really would literally reflect "A fair day's pay for a fair day's work" if they all "adjusted" their work rate to reflect the fact that they were being paid the same as a new hire with the inefficiencies that come with a lack of experience. Not that I would advocate a "work slowdown", but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Again, can't blame them...

Back From Break
I just seen an add for 500 ups jobs in SOCAL and it said starting rate 14.50-16.00 (.as of now we get nothing) That should make @Well-Known Member happy that I am staying at minimum wage!

It's unbelievable what you left wing Democrats do. You only report what you want, not the facts. You leave out relevant information that does not fit your mantra. You make things up and the public believes you.

Here, let me help you out...

Yes, I think part timers should make more because UPS can afford to pay them more

Like I said. You deserve to be paid more

Back From Break
I just seen an add for 500 ups jobs in SOCAL and it said starting rate 14.50-16.00 (.as of now we get nothing) That should make @Well-Known Member happy that I am staying at minimum wage!

You're one of those that want a living wage on a part time job. You want to be able to raise a family of 4 on that part time job. You want the taxes that I pay to go to you to raise your family on a part time job.

Back From Break
Hired in around the mid seventies, starting hourly rate was 5.50..at that time that was over twice the minimum wage of 2.00 bucks an hour, that was a standard for most Union jobs over 40 years ago.

And today, an RPCD makes anywhere from 2 to 6 times the minimum wage, depending on the State. I make over 5 times the minimum wage in my State. The only reason the part time rate is not at least double is because they do not vote. The Union took care of the voting membership, albeit at the expense of the PT worker.

If the PT worker would vote, they could control the contract and you would see $20-$25/hr PT jobs everywhere.

PT Car Washer

You're one of those that want a living wage on a part time job. You want to be able to raise a family of 4 on that part time job. You want the taxes that I pay to go to you to raise your family on a part time job.
No one expects to raise a family on one PT job. Most of us has had to work 2 or 3 jobs at the same time for most of our lives. And yes your tax Dollars do go to subsidizing low wage jobs in this country.

542thruNthru

They did that with the new 22-4 positions back in “18”..little did they know that this Pandemic two years later would change the world’s economy and increased volume and profits for the common carriers.
You quoted me brother but my question was more about split shifts and why the union would want none of it in his eyes. I can understand why the members wouldn't but not the union. Just curious.

Back From Break
Curious why you think that?

Because they have said so. UPS asked for it in 2013 and the Union only allowed a 1.5 hour gap between shifts. I guess they do not like the 8 hour gap, or they don't want UPS to be able to force someone to split shift, and don't want UPS to be able to get away with it. I'm not sure.

I just know that UPS has asked for it and the Union has said no.

Your post from 2019....This was also in the 2013 contract.

542.png