MrFedEx

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Long before I started with UPS there was a company called REA. They dismissed this startup company called UPS. They are no longer in business. UPS did the same with RPS. RPS was a joke--everyone knew it, even the employees. RPS is now FedEx Ground. They are no longer a joke and need to be taken seriously.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Long before I started with UPS there was a company called REA. They dismissed this startup company called UPS. They are no longer in business. UPS did the same with RPS. RPS was a joke--everyone knew it, even the employees. RPS is now FedEx Ground. They are no longer a joke and need to be taken seriously.

Then they'll have to work very hard before they come up to the standards of Express and UPS.

Ground has been way too sloppy so far.

bbsam

Staff member
If you don't mind, feel free to take us lightly and please encourage others to do so as well. My feelings will not be hurt at all. But can anyone here truly sat that Ground has not gotten better over the last several years? Our customers seem to have seen a difference.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you don't mind, feel free to take us lightly and please encourage others to do so as well. My feelings will not be hurt at all. But can anyone here truly sat that Ground has not gotten better over the last several years? Our customers seem to have seen a difference.

That's not real convincing.

bbsam

Staff member
There are those who insist on not being convinced, so why try? And you didn't answer the question.

Mr Shifter

I haven't lurk on this forum in a while due to the new interface on my POS IPhone. I can't access the website because of the advertisements block me from accessing the forum.:biting:

I was hoping to get some info on the purple side of the road from MrFedEx point of view

Keep hope alive brother from another mother.... Wherever you are.:happy2:

snackdad

Trust me, FedEx Ground does not even come close to the professional standards of UPS nor FedEx Express. To begin to state every error I have seen performed by these drivers and the excuses I have had to make to customers over the years would be exhausting. Ground is Fred's dream, underpaid contract workers who do the job of traditional middle class American career workers at half the cost.
We do not take you lightly, we just lament at the erosion of the career courier position at FedEx and transitory nature of the "new" workforce. Quality and consistency always come at a price.

vantexan

Trust me, FedEx Ground does not even come close to the professional standards of UPS nor FedEx Express. To begin to state every error I have seen performed by these drivers and the excuses I have had to make to customers over the years would be exhausting. Ground is Fred's dream, underpaid contract workers who do the job of traditional middle class American career workers at half the cost. We do not take you lightly, we just lament at the erosion of the career courier position at FedEx and transitory nature of the "new" workforce. Quality and consistency always come at a price.
I can just see it now, FedEx couriers living in city slums and trailer parks. Instead of trinkets the company will start giving us appliances. Courier of the Month? Here's your toaster! 10 Year Safe Driving Award? Well Bob, congrats, here's your 32" TV!! 20 years of faithful service? A nice living room set or washer/dryer. Here's the deal kid, you stick with us and we'll supply(eventually) all the things you can't afford! 40 years of awards and you can retire with a house full of stuff! That toaster we gave you 30 years ago still works, right? Well there you go!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The biggest difference is in the bottom line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps you two need to think long and hard about what Snackdad said "quality and consistantcy come at a price."

Oh maybe you two just don't get it.

We get it just fine--maybe it's you.:wink2:

In this economy shippers are looking for every possible way to save money and they are willing to discount service to do so. The reality is the discount keeps growing smaller as Ground continues to improve.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We get it just fine--maybe it's you.:wink2:

In this economy shippers are looking for every possible way to save money and they are willing to discount service to do so. The reality is the discount keeps growing smaller as Ground continues to improve.

I saw two Ground drivers today while I was dropping off a bulk stop for another driver.

They were not very professional looking. Tattoos, cargo shorts w/ pockets, white socks and sneakers! I know it's beating a dead horse. Maybe they had a FedEx Ground cap and T-shirt.

Really?

bbsam

Staff member
I saw two Ground drivers today while I was dropping off a bulk stop for another driver.

They were not very professional looking. Tattoos, cargo shorts w/ pockets, white socks and sneakers! I know it's beating a dead horse. Maybe they had a FedEx Ground cap and T-shirt.

Really?
The "dead horse" is the gripe about "professional looking". The very live stallion is a company that continues to grow exponentially. Which one do you prefer to pay attention to?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The "dead horse" is the gripe about "professional looking". The very live stallion is a company that continues to grow exponentially. Which one do you prefer to pay attention to?

Neither, anything "corporate" is lame to me. However, Ground drivers and their trucks typically look flat-out broke.