My first PVD encounter

Ghost in the Darkness

Never cut my hands on the straps. The big question is what packages not to pick up by straps... usually paper boxes. I use straps all the time to carry boxes without issue. My biggest concern is a strap breaking and the box falling.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Never cut my hands on the straps. The big question is what packages not to pick up by straps... usually paper boxes. I use straps all the time to carry boxes without issue. My biggest concern is a strap breaking and the box falling.
Of course that is the main problem with the straps. Dropping something heavy. Not cutting your hands carrying chips, lol.

So I’m a 2nd year PVD! I enjoy delivering and have done Amazon delivery for 3 years as an independent. I’ve done 125 stops a day out of my mini van this year I have all apartments and have done 95 stops 165 packages and got it done without help. Problem is a cube van drops everything off in morning they we have to spend an hour or more sorting. Sorting by Pal number doesn’t work. Sorting by street then placing in my trunk by high to low number works so much better. Less hunting for package once delivering.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
PVD's in my area are getting it done and done right. We have committed ORS who trains us well and follows up. Keeps track of our progress during the day and if a PVD needs help, sends it. If a PVD is done, that PVD goes and helps either another PVD or a package car driver. And they've never been unhappy to get the help. In short, we, regardless of whether we have been here 2 weeks or 20 years are focused on getting our work done and helping the other guy/gal succeed too, and isn't that really the point, especially with the current challenges we are all facing?

watdaflock?

Stopped in my favorite "cheap" conv. store/gas station for gas this last Friday. A PVD was delivering several bulky strapped together boxes. I observed while filling my bike up- no 2 wheeler dolly. Her ride was a nice/newer Toyota SUV 4 dr. She was 65 at least. Looked and built in a "matronly" figure. So, she made at least 3 trips. Nosed into the stop. Used the thin, sharp clear plastic bands on the boxes. No gloves. I guess everything we are trained not to do. Her pace was leisurely at best. Ok. I said hi and asked if I could offer a piece of advice. Her: "Ok". Me: "those straps will cut pretty easily and probably should be avoided". Her: "They are JUST potato chip boxes....". She then lost interest pretty quickly. Me too. Shrug.
Another lost cause.

So many.

Just...."I'm just gonna.." From PE to PVD's....I'm just....
You sound like that old guy at the hardware store. Nobody asked you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
So I’m a 2nd year PVD! I enjoy delivering and have done Amazon delivery for 3 years as an independent. I’ve done 125 stops a day out of my mini van this year I have all apartments and have done 95 stops 165 packages and got it done without help. Problem is a cube van drops everything off in morning they we have to spend an hour or more sorting. Sorting by Pal number doesn’t work. Sorting by street then placing in my trunk by high to low number works so much better. Less hunting for package once delivering.
PVD's in my area are getting it done and done right. We have committed ORS who trains us well and follows up. Keeps track of our progress during the day and if a PVD needs help, sends it. If a PVD is done, that PVD goes and helps either another PVD or a package car driver. And they've never been unhappy to get the help. In short, we, regardless of whether we have been here 2 weeks or 20 years are focused on getting our work done and helping the other guy/gal succeed too, and isn't that really the point, especially with the current challenges we are all facing?
You realize this is exactly what happened before they busted airline pilot unions right?
A regular driver would be repremanded for all of what you do to be efficient.
You are not in this for me,together, or for anybody but yourself.