My first PVD encounter

quad decade guy

That made me laugh out loud -literally!
I'm surprise YOUR shoulders still work after all that patting yourself on the back.

Say, you were offended with the Jesus Christ thing. If you more identify as female...how about Mother Teresa?

That made me laugh out loud- literally....!

Gosh this is fun.

UPSER1987

I'm surprise YOUR shoulders still work after all that patting yourself on the back.

Say, you were offended with the Jesus Christ thing. If you more identify as female...how about Mother Teresa?

That made me laugh out loud- literally....!

Gosh this is fun.
Was this supposed to be funny or witty?

”Shrugs shoulders” lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Stopped in my favorite "cheap" conv. store/gas station for gas this last Friday. A PVD was delivering several bulky strapped together boxes. I observed while filling my bike up- no 2 wheeler dolly. Her ride was a nice/newer Toyota SUV 4 dr. She was 65 at least. Looked and built in a "matronly" figure. So, she made at least 3 trips. Nosed into the stop. Used the thin, sharp clear plastic bands on the boxes. No gloves. I guess everything we are trained not to do. Her pace was leisurely at best. Ok. I said hi and asked if I could offer a piece of advice. Her: "Ok". Me: "those straps will cut pretty easily and probably should be avoided". Her: "They are JUST potato chip boxes....". She then lost interest pretty quickly. Me too. Shrug.
Another lost cause.

So many.

Just...."I'm just gonna.." From PE to PVD's....I'm just....

Serious question;

Why would you even care enough.... to say something ?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
PVD's in my area are getting it done and done right. We have committed ORS who trains us well and follows up. Keeps track of our progress during the day and if a PVD needs help, sends it. If a PVD is done, that PVD goes and helps either another PVD or a package car driver. And they've never been unhappy to get the help. In short, we, regardless of whether we have been here 2 weeks or 20 years are focused on getting our work done and helping the other guy/gal succeed too, and isn't that really the point, especially with the current challenges we are all facing?
Save your money. January will be here soon.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Serious question? You mean why would I care to help someone? About safety? That's so obtuse, no matter what I said wouldn't make sense to someone like you.

But then, you don't know me.

I'm curious, as to why (when you are off the clock and not at UPS) that your un-solicited opinion is welcome.

It's like the Union "safety committee" members that have a UPS e-mail address and carry in a briefcase to work.

quad decade guy

I'm curious, as to why (when you are off the clock and not at UPS) that your un-solicited opinion is welcome.

It's like the Union "safety committee" members that have a UPS e-mail address and carry in a briefcase to work.
Ok...Im curious as to why you think your opinion is welcome off the clock and not at UPS? On BC?

See?

It's like the BIG UNION GUYS who go on chat groups to offer unsolicited advice....

We can do this all day.

Btw, unwelcome? I guess that comes down to if she is bright enough to listen and learn

542thruNthru

Ok...Im curious as to why you think your opinion is welcome off the clock and not at UPS? On BC?

See?

It's like the BIG UNION GUYS who go on chat groups to offer unsolicited advice....

We can do this all day.

Btw, unwelcome? I guess that comes down to if she is bright enough to listen and learn.
Not even close to the same thing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

See?

We can do this all day.

Btw, unwelcome? I guess that comes down to if she is bright enough to listen and learn

CD5FDC6F-4CA5-4BCA-A28E-08153DE888E4.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Who cares? Why waste your time? PVD’s are here for a few weeks , gets hurt?, oh well...Next!
The writing is on the wall. I predict you will see more and more of these PVD's year around as time goes on. As the Union gets weaker the company will hire more of them.