My package was out for delivery, but now states Security Check Delay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JillDS

Ok, how is this possible. I had 2 packages due to be delivered today, Dec 17. At 9Pm I tracked them and both stated on the truck and out for delivery. I called UPS and was informed that they had drivers working until 10Pm in my area (Oakland) and that they were still out for delivery.

At 9:30 I tracked both again and now both state: "A required security check has delayed delivery." WHAT? How is that possible? They were supposedly on the truck until an hour ago. Where is the security check, on the truck? From what I've read the security delays happen at the airport. Was UPS just lying that they were on the truck today? Or do they make up the delay when they cannot make the timeframe?

Super annoyed. These are gifts and I paid extra for shipping to get them here as I leave town in a day. ARGH. Of course now UPS is closed. And I have no idea what kind of delay this will be.

Anyone know what's up?
Thanks
J

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ok, how is this possible. I had 2 packages due to be delivered today, Dec 17. At 9Pm I tracked them and both stated on the truck and out for delivery. I called UPS and was informed that they had drivers working until 10Pm in my area (Oakland) and that they were still out for delivery.

At 9:30 I tracked both again and now both state: "A required security check has delayed delivery." WHAT? How is that possible? They were supposedly on the truck until an hour ago. Where is the security check, on the truck? From what I've read the security delays happen at the airport. Was UPS just lying that they were on the truck today? Or do they make up the delay when they cannot make the timeframe?

Super annoyed. These are gifts and I paid extra for shipping to get them here as I leave town in a day. ARGH. Of course now UPS is closed. And I have no idea what kind of delay this will be.

Anyone know what's up?
Thanks
J
Go to the UPS facebook page. This site is for miserable, gruntled and disgruntled employees who talk shop among ourselves and have no idea what's going on with your package. This is the nice answer before we lock the thread.

@barnyard

Status
Not open for further replies.