National nut day.

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by menotyou, Oct 22, 2012.

1. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

This should be good.:wink2:

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

You mean the liberal loonies in Current Events have a day off?

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Western Canada is closed today!!!

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I love Brazil nuts. When I was a kid, they called them ******* toes. I remember me dancing around the cart in P & C begging my mom for said toes. The mother driving the shopping cart next to us was, uhmm, not white. My poor mom. She was mortified. I remember overhearing her retell the story to Dad that night. He kinda chuckled as he thought of her face when the poor other mother looked at her as I was obliviously dancing around the cart. We never referred to them as that, again. All the sudden they were Brazil nuts.

*This is a cute story about my past which needs no moderating from the peanut gallery.

5. moreluck

I was in an Italian household and we called them the same as you did. My mom always had a good asortment of nuts along with the nut cracker and walnuts were the least favorite......so plenty left over for baking later.

6. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Only you can come on this forum, tell us you love nuts................lol

7. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

As I just scrolled down I saw pictures of nuts. I think when you buy those nuts you get the dish for free, my mother has the same one........lol

8. moreluck

I think those nuts in that bowl sat on everyone's buffet or bar during the holidays!!

9. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

My Mom had this one:

[​IMG]

Probably still does....

10. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Your story sure tops mine. I had never heard them called that until my wife's sweet old nana offered me some from a dish, on the first thanksgiving I spent with them.

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That's what they were called in my family also.