Near death experiences

tourists24

Just watched a show that had people who had technicallly died and then came back to life; and the experiences they had while they were dead. Has anyone here on BC had this happen or know of anyone that has experienced this? It is really interesting to me to listen to people's stories who have died yet lived to talk about it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know... thats what is so cool about it. Their heart stopped beating and they were technically dead. But they were successfully revived and had a period of time that became what the show was about

I've heard a bit of debate about what should be considered "point of death" and also what is the cause of death.
The point of death I have heard most doctors say is when the brain has been without oxygen for ~15 minutes and all death is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain.

tourists24

I've heard a bit of debate about what should be considered "point of death" and also what is the cause of death.
The point of death I have heard most doctors say is when the brain has been without oxygen for ~15 minutes and all death is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain.
hmmm... interesting.... all I know is that on this show all the fun began when the heart stopped beating

tourists24

Exactly, but thankfully I was wrong.
If it makes you feel better, there is a calm acceptance in those few seconds before the lights go out.
sorry,,, didnt mean to make it sound so cavalier. It was simply amazing to me. The subject is about the unknown... you have experienced it

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was struck by lightning on JUne 20 1995. Unfortunately I don't have any near- death stories to share, like entering a new dimension or anything. I woke up, couldn't breathe properly and was tremoring for 1 hour. The neat thing was I was close enough to death to feel like when I gained consciousness , I was going to die again, so it seemed like I was dead at some point.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was struck by lightning on JUne 20 1995. Unfortunately I don't have any near- death stories to share, like entering a new dimension or anything. I woke up, couldn't breathe properly and was tremoring for 1 hour. The neat thing was I was close enough to death to feel like when I gained consciousness , I was going to die again, so it seemed like I was dead at some point.
I just have one question...no joke, did you smell something burning?