Near death experiences

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by tourists24, Mar 27, 2011.

1. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Just watched a show that had people who had technicallly died and then came back to life; and the experiences they had while they were dead. Has anyone here on BC had this happen or know of anyone that has experienced this? It is really interesting to me to listen to people's stories who have died yet lived to talk about it

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

That's sort of contradictory.

3. tourists24

I know... thats what is so cool about it. Their heart stopped beating and they were technically dead. But they were successfully revived and had a period of time that became what the show was about

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I've heard a bit of debate about what should be considered "point of death" and also what is the cause of death.
    The point of death I have heard most doctors say is when the brain has been without oxygen for ~15 minutes and all death is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain.

5. tourists24

hmmm... interesting.... all I know is that on this show all the fun began when the heart stopped beating

6. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Twice, I have had my heart stop.
    It was lights out. No mystical experience.
    The mystical was when I woke up and was amazed I was still alive.

7. tourists24

cool.... was it because you knew you were dying or what that amazed you?

8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I'll have to watch Flatliners again.

9. satellitedriver

Exactly, but thankfully I was wrong.
    If it makes you feel better, there is a calm acceptance in those few seconds before the lights go out.

10. tourists24

sorry,,, didnt mean to make it sound so cavalier. It was simply amazing to me. The subject is about the unknown... you have experienced it

11. satellitedriver

I am experienced.
    [video=youtube;SaZJFWOEzrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaZJFWOEzrc[/video]

12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I was struck by lightning on JUne 20 1995. Unfortunately I don't have any near- death stories to share, like entering a new dimension or anything. I woke up, couldn't breathe properly and was tremoring for 1 hour. The neat thing was I was close enough to death to feel like when I gained consciousness , I was going to die again, so it seemed like I was dead at some point.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

14. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I feel like I've come back from the dead every night when I walk out that gate :happy-very:

15. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I just have one question...no joke, did you smell something burning?

16. klein

klein Für Meno :)

That's a question I would have asked Lucy (lucifer) ! LMAO !!!!

I think he'll need a fire extingusiher whereever he's going afterwards...

17. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I didnt smell anything..if I could have smelled, the air superheated and burned would have been stinky.