Need your advice/help please.

I had my tour 6 days ago and they told me wait a week until this so called " hiring papers" come to the HR office my question is What kind of documents are they talking about? and I haven't heard from them yet should I be concerned if they never called me they made me sign a union paper and couple of other documents. Did I Really get a job at UPS ? and last but not least are they waiting for my Background check to be completed? what advise would you give me becasue I really do want to work at ups I really don't mind the hard wok and the fast pace it comes with the job. After all the documents I completed online especially the direct deposit and the tax forum. I am getting discouraged over here becasue I thought i got the job. If you would help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had my tour 6 days ago and they told me wait a week until this so called " hiring papers" come to the HR office my question is What kind of documents are they talking about? and I haven't heard from them yet should I be concerned if they never called me they made me sign a union paper and couple of other documents. Did I Really get a job at UPS ? and last but not least are they waiting for my Background check to be completed? what advise would you give me becasue I really do want to work at ups I really don't mind the hard wok and the fast pace it comes with the job. After all the documents I completed online especially the direct deposit and the tax forum. I am getting discouraged over here becasue I thought i got the job. If you would help me I would greatly appreciate it.

They probably will not hire anyone prior to Nov 1st. I don't know when the volume levels will dictate the adding of people in your location.

should I call the HR office ? and the location of the facility is Hodgkin IL, i know one of the sup told us its one of the big facility in the world. since its suchs a big place they bound to hire employees.

so your saying i shouldn't give up, but they told us to call this lady that works in the HR office to schedule a date to when i can start then I called her she told me wait a week until they receive " the paper" what kind of documents is she talking about.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
so your saying i shouldn't give up, but they told us to call this lady that works in the HR office to schedule a date to when i can start then I called her she told me wait a week until they receive " the paper" what kind of documents is she talking about.

What Upstate said - background references.

all i know that she told me wait a week until " the hiring papers" come to the office and i really don't know what is she talking about lol never mind, so they are probably waiting for the background check to be complete usually how long does it take ?

BrownArmy

all i know that she told me wait a week until " the hiring papers" come to the office and i really don't know what is she talking about lol never mind, so they are probably waiting for the background check to be complete usually how long does it take ?

The best answer is that it will take as long as it takes...even after all the 'papers' are in order, you won't start until they need you, in terms of staffing.

I got hired in June, got trained in July, and didn't start working until August. It all just depends...not the best news, but if you've made it this far, you've got your foot in the door and hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Good luck!