Needed: Good, Warm Insoles

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess nothing beats a great pair of warm boots, but these work in an emergency. I bought I great pair of polaris, stepped on ice, water below, ruined them. My feet are warm, but wet, no good. Its a struggle every year for these few months. I also carry extra set of boots and socks. Amazon has them cheap, especially if you get free shipping.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess nothing beats a great pair of warm boots, but these work in an emergency. I bought I great pair of polaris, stepped on ice, water below, ruined them. My feet are warm, but wet, no good. Its a struggle every year for these few months. I also carry extra set of boots and socks. Amazon has them cheap, especially if you get free shipping.

Agreed. Keeping your feet dry is the most important thing. If your feet do get wet then wool socks still will keep your feet warm but cotton won't. Cotton socks are a very bad idea in sloppy winter weather.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My son bought me the wool ones, he ice fishes so I guess he knows, They are awesome. Yes warm and slushy beats cold and slushy.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You can't beat the combination of wool socks and water resistant boots. I have a pair of Columbia's I swear by.