Negative Rehire (bad experience).

Dav2091

I used to work unload pm at the Merced,Ca center. I've been previously been trying to get a job there for months and they gave me a background check in September 2014 and I passed it but wasn't offered a job. Out of the blue they called me on Black Friday saying that I was still interested in job and I accepted and I could start the following Monday. They told me that I needed workboots but I didn't have the money to buy some on short notice but they let me work without workboots for my start day and they told me I can start working more days if I got my workboots. After I got them I called in stating that I got them and that said I wasn't needed for that day. I called in every day for weeks to see if I was needed, still no response and they eventually put me on layoff until I was needed but I never worked after being on layoff. I was released on New Year's Day. I asked if I was going to be paid and I was sent between hr and my supervisors stating that they had to fill out "special paperwork" in order to get money and I never received a penny for them. I tried reapplying online months later to redeem myself and the computer said was ineligible for rehire. I called hr they said I was a negative rehire. I really seen myself working here for a long time and I really liked the work environment and the potential benefits and advancement but now its ruined because of bad management. I wish I could do something about it because I really want to work.

Last edited:

Dav2091

I called them a while back and they said that the negative status can't be changed! I worked for one day which was my start date called in before my shift like I was supposed to do for daily for weeks and they put me on layoff.