Negative Rehire (bad experience).

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Andre Davis, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

I used to work unload pm at the Merced,Ca center. I've been previously been trying to get a job there for months and they gave me a background check in September 2014 and I passed it but wasn't offered a job. Out of the blue they called me on Black Friday saying that I was still interested in job and I accepted and I could start the following Monday. They told me that I needed workboots but I didn't have the money to buy some on short notice but they let me work without workboots for my start day and they told me I can start working more days if I got my workboots. After I got them I called in stating that I got them and that said I wasn't needed for that day. I called in every day for weeks to see if I was needed, still no response and they eventually put me on layoff until I was needed but I never worked after being on layoff. I was released on New Year's Day. I asked if I was going to be paid and I was sent between hr and my supervisors stating that they had to fill out "special paperwork" in order to get money and I never received a penny for them. I tried reapplying online months later to redeem myself and the computer said was ineligible for rehire. I called hr they said I was a negative rehire. I really seen myself working here for a long time and I really liked the work environment and the potential benefits and advancement but now its ruined because of bad management. I wish I could do something about it because I really want to work.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

You may want to change your username to something other than your real name to prevent further mishaps of any sort, goodluck!

3. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

I just took your advice and I changed my username.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I'm assuming you're trying to figure out if you can come off no rehire?

5. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Thank you.

6. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

Anything to help get be back there.

7. FrigidFTSup

Call your sup and ask why you were put on no-rehire and if he/she will change it.

Though I feel something is missing. We have to go in and put you on norehire. Are you sure nothing else happened?

8. rod

rod retired and happy

are you thinking maybe "serial killer"?

9. FrigidFTSup

I mean anything is possible

10. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

I called them a while back and they said that the negative status can't be changed! I worked for one day which was my start date called in before my shift like I was supposed to do for daily for weeks and they put me on layoff.

11. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

You called in too many times.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

I didn't know there was a limit for how many times you call in.

13. You'll be receiving a call soon for driver helper. 2 months later you will be posting about how they laid you off after seasonal

14. upschuck

Yep

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

He didn't bang in. He was calling to see if he was needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. FrigidFTSup

Have you ever had a job before?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

See above.

18. Dav2091

Dav2091 New Member

Working at ups was my first job

19. UpstateNYUPSer

Mine too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. upschuck

That was after a while of calling in because he didn't have proper shoes.