New DOK "S

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Since we follow your 5 keys to slips and falls,
how bout helping us out with my new DOK "S
1 when it snows,,put salt on the icey walkways and stairs
2 sand between staged trailers
3 put better lighting in all the yards
4 maybe in the spring you can fix the same pot holes that have been in the yard for years

key phrase it's impossible not to expect the unexpected when working in any UPS yard with these constant conditions !!!!!

over9five

Staff member
How bout after a snowstorm, you pull a bunch of trailers off the building and actually PLOW there?
Have you seen our 40 door lately, Cove? Think they could clear that out once in awhile?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I always thought it amusing that most times we manage to finish a day, and climb snow piles, and treacherous, driving and walking conditions,without getting hurt, yet come in and fall on our head because no salt has been put in our lot.
Its only safety when it is put on us. The snowplow guy is located across the street, yet he comes in and starts plowing when its start time. The lot has been empty all night.
When I fell in our lot, with cleats on, I got all kinds of calls to see if I was OK. Yet the problem never gets fixed. I do not regret that I was ok, I do regret I didnt file an injury report. Then when asked how to prevent it, well you know what I could have said, each and every time they asked.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
how's UPS expected to maximize profits with all of these new "safety" costs?!

Our PCM today was the new year is all about safety. Not only will we be getting safety messages like always but we have to respond to these messages now with answers. Example. How many times have you backed today. They want an actual answer. What a freaking joke. Oh well it's gonna take me a long time to recall every stop all day and give an accurate answer. More money in my pocket.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"As many as necessary"

Exactly but here's where I'm afraid they are headed with this. How many times did you forget to grab your hand rail today.

Driver: zero

Sup: well so and so witnessed you 3 times not grabbing the hand rail. Your now being fired for dishonesty.

I realize this is extreme but I also know ups. They want answers in the diad that they can keep a record of to use against us someday.

over9five

Staff member
Exactly but here's where I'm afraid they are headed with this. How many times did you forget to grab your hand rail today.

Sup: well so and so witnessed you 3 times not grabbing the hand rail. Your now being fired for dishonesty.

I realize this is extreme but I also know ups. They want answers in the diad that they can keep a record of to use against us someday.
You're right, don't lie OR estimate.

"I do not recollect forgetting to use my handrail today"

Driver " Was that so and so sitting across the street with a copy of Jugs and a bottle of Jergins? "

Exactly but here's where I'm afraid they are headed with this. How many times did you forget to grab your hand rail today. Driver: zeroSup: well so and so witnessed you 3 times not grabbing the hand rail. Your now being fired for dishonesty. I realize this is extreme but I also know ups. They want answers in the diad that they can keep a record of to use against us someday.
filing an article 37 for every act of dishonesty from management will document it and show you mean business.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was a little worried when I saw this thread, fearing that there was possibly more DOK material that would be asked to memorize.
I'm glad that this isn't the case, as it was only recently that I mastered the 8 point commentary.

I was a little worried when I saw this thread, fearing that there was possibly more DOK material that would be asked to memorize. I'm glad that this isn't the case, as it was only recently that I mastered the 8 point commentary.
Dude I always forget it. Memorizing the contract or at least remembering where everything is plus my prayers in the morning is about as much as I can bear. I don't hit * and * don't hit me and I can demonstrate it. I'm like Babe Ruth I've got charisma and character and I can perform at a (saftey)high level.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Back prior to peak, we had an emergency alarm sound for the building. It occurred immediately after the building shut down for a 10 minute break.

The scary part was that it was nearly inaudible for our workgroup. It sounded like a couple distant belt buzzers going off, which is business as usual.

Word to company - the standards of replacement, maintenance of equipment/ facilities / building conditions etc., leaves a bit to be desired. Unreasonable demands, I know. ;)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our PCM today was the new year is all about safety. Not only will we be getting safety messages like always but we have to respond to these messages now with answers. Example. How many times have you backed today. They want an actual answer. What a freaking joke. Oh well it's gonna take me a long time to recall every stop all day and give an accurate answer. More money in my pocket.
Diad response:
I do not recall, but maybe between 0 and 100? I don't know...there were a few backs in there earlier in the day that I may have forgotten, between 5 and 50? Really trying to narrow down an acceptable range to demonstrate honesty and integrity with my answer. I do know there are seven backs right off the bat on my businesses in the AM, maybe roughly ten more after noon? I just can't seem to recall an exact number right now....and wow, this DIAD thing is slow to type in, it's already taken over fifteen minutes to type this message, please allow me focus on this question some more and i'll be sure to regularly check in with updates as to the progress of recalling how many backs today.

Leftinbuilding

Back prior to peak, we had an emergency alarm sound for the building. It occurred immediately after the building shut down for a 10 minute break.

The scary part was that it was nearly inaudible for our workgroup. It sounded like a couple distant belt buzzers going off, which is business as usual.

Word to company - the standards of replacement, maintenance of equipment/ facilities / building conditions etc., leaves a bit to be desired. Unreasonable demands, I know. ;)

Our safety committee addressed this problem (alarm sounding like normal belt operations) with Plant Engineering. Believe it or not they put in a very distinctive bell. Works great and it's only use is for an emergency.

Now about in the next contract all feeder drivers get a free membership to weight watchers and a paid fifteen minute break to exercise.

Package car drivers will get free UPS brown crying towels and a one sentence pamphlet that contains the answer to all their problems titled " Sign the feeder list! "

Package car drivers will get free UPS brown crying towels and a one sentence pamphlet that contains the answer to all their problems titled " Sign the feeder list! "
I'm one of the few who don't cry but I defiantly know what you mean. Ill be going up there in a couple of years but am a little worried I'll get fat.