Proper handling question.. broken dreams :(

RyNWA

This sort of makes me scratch my head. I always try to figure out why anyone would order a huge flat screen TV and then ship it? I wonder if it's that hard to go to the local Best Buy, Sears, Walmart or where ever to get it? I'm always going to assume that something that delicate is going to get damaged somewhere along the way. Those things are not like martini's ... no shaking or stirring!

Last year, when I was shopping for a new TV, this website had an amazing price for same tv I ended up getting at best buy. like 300 less than what i payed, plus came with wall mount/hdmi cbles/3d glasses. But in the end I chose to shop local on that because mishandled tv's usually have damage to the screen (not like broken glass or anything, dead pixels, little blobs on the screen that don't show any part of the picture). But some people can't resist the lower price. This particular item I started the thread about isn't sold locally, closest dealer to me is 3 hour drive away and the prices would have been much higher as well through a shop. I'm handling my situation with ebay buyer protection. When shipper gets the item back ebay/paypal is going to refund me what i spent on item +shipping. Would have rather had working item but I think this is easiest solution for me and the seller. He can resell it locally if he chooses to or relist it as a damaged item, or have it repaired himself, he lives in same state where speakers are made, he could drive it to them and pick it up if UPS refuses to cover the claim. Sucks but I understand, I deliver pizza part time, things happen, I know first hand.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This sort of makes me scratch my head. I always try to figure out why anyone would order a huge flat screen TV and then ship it? I wonder if it's that hard to go to the local Best Buy, Sears, Walmart or where ever to get it? I'm always going to assume that something that delicate is going to get damaged somewhere along the way. Those things are not like martini's ... no shaking or stirring!
Yeah, I guess the convenience is worth the gamble.

gingerkat

Last year, when I was shopping for a new TV, this website had an amazing price for same tv I ended up getting at best buy. like 300 less than what i payed, plus came with wall mount/hdmi cbles/3d glasses. But in the end I chose to shop local on that because mishandled tv's usually have damage to the screen (not like broken glass or anything, dead pixels, little blobs on the screen that don't show any part of the picture). But some people can't resist the lower price. This particular item I started the thread about isn't sold locally, closest dealer to me is 3 hour drive away and the prices would have been much higher as well through a shop. I'm handling my situation with ebay buyer protection. When shipper gets the item back ebay/paypal is going to refund me what i spent on item +shipping. Would have rather had working item but I think this is easiest solution for me and the seller. He can resell it locally if he chooses to or relist it as a damaged item, or have it repaired himself, he lives in same state where speakers are made, he could drive it to them and pick it up if UPS refuses to cover the claim. Sucks but I understand, I deliver pizza part time, things happen, I know first hand.
Dude, I totally get being upset, but it's funny how you worded it. You came across like a (no offense ladies) sad woman. If you want to talk about broken dreams, grab a beer and come on over and I'll call my girlfriends here and we can all chat and cry together.

I also get that you want someone to be responsible, somehow it feels good when we can say "ah ha, I knew it was your fault", but that won't get you anywhere, will it? UPS is all about safety and I imagine that the driver was doing what he thought was the safest thing for his body, and rightfully so. UPS would rather pay a claim on an item vs. a claim on a back or body part. It's safety first.