New Guy on Brown Cafe

SaeNguyen

Hello there to all my fellow UPSers!

How are y'all doing today? I am new to this forum thing, so please excuse my newbie questions and remakes.

I've been working for UPS for about three years now going on to my fourth year in November.

My question for y'all today is about transferring. Is there a specific procedure that you would have to go through in order to be able to request for a transfer? I've read online from a couple places stating that you would have to reapply and what not, but haven't found the right answer that I am looking. I hope someone here on Brown Cafe can provide the answer that I need

Thank you very much.

upschuck

Differs by supplement, but in most areas, only PT employees transferring for education reasons are allowed. Western has a more liberal transfer policy.

Welcome to BC.

SaeNguyen

Thank you for the welcoming and quick response upschuck.

I also forgot to state that I am a part-time employee, but as far as Western has a more liberal transfer policy can you be a bit more detailed about that?

upschuck

Thank you for the welcoming and quick response upschuck.

I also forgot to state that I am a part-time employee, but as far as Western has a more liberal transfer policy can you be a bit more detailed about that?
Since I'm not in the Western, so I can only reply to what others have said, and that is that you can transfer to anywhere in that particular local(maybe supplement), can't recall specifics.

How are y'all doing today? I am new to this forum thing, so please excuse my newbie questions and remakes.

I've been working for UPS for about three years now going on to my fourth year in November.

My question for y'all today is about transferring. Is there a specific procedure that you would have to go through in order to be able to request for a transfer? I've read online from a couple places stating that you would have to reapply and what not, but haven't found the right answer that I am looking. I hope someone here on Brown Cafe can provide the answer that I need

Thank you very much.
Welcome to the BROWN CAFE! If Upschuck doesnt know the answer(very rare) then their isn't one!....jk, good luck on findind your answer, Im sure somebody has one for you

By The Book

Thank you very much.
I think it's called a transfer request form. Your local should have done some of these, so you might call your local office.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Thank you very much.
In our area the only way they will transfer someone is school. Other then that you have to quit and start over at another building. I had a friend who told them he had to go to school in Alabama, they transferred him, he worked for a month, they found out he didn't really go to school and fired him.