New Here at Fedex

vantexan

That's not what you responded to. But to your point, FedEx specifically, has had every advantage a business could want and yet continually screws its front line workers.
Still? Hate'm all you want, I'm certainly not a fan. But I refuse to lie about what I consider a good thing. The new pay plan is good for new couriers. It's not fair to workers who've already put in quite a few years and still have to work many more years to top out. But it's better than what they were doing.

bacha29

With the exception of a very few, I have never experienced that. I guess these people got to where they are by being able to judge character of whom they speak with. Most likely what happened when they talked to you.
They didn't like me because I questioned everything they said and after catching the contractor relations guy in few lies whenever he came up to the terminal he stayed in the office and never came out to the dock or asked to meet with the contractors because they always got their hat handed to them When it comes to managers it isn't their character that is questioned you already know that they don't have any. It's their credibility that's always called into question.

vantexan

They're not gonna do that.

The upper echelons at FedEx think we're scum and stupid.
But you're talking about FedEx, I'm talking about an overall better business environment for the country. Create an environment where people can leave FedEx for better opportunities and watch the upper echelons start kissing our rears. When they have you over a barrel is when they treat you badly.

MAKAVELI

Still? Hate'm all you want, I'm certainly not a fan. But I refuse to lie about what I consider a good thing. The new pay plan is good for new couriers. It's not fair to workers who've already put in quite a few years and still have to work many more years to top out. But it's better than what they were doing.
We haven't even made it to next years raise and here you are thinking and praising FedEx for keeping a pay scale? Haven't you learned anything in all your years?

Oldfart

And whitey as well. FedEx likes to spread that horse dung around.;)
Can't keep me down. Everybody knows that certain demographics get rewarded while others get punished. I will always be on the rewarded side. Just ask Jesse and Al. They preach that every day.

MAKAVELI

Can't keep me down. Everybody knows that certain demographics get rewarded while others get punished. I will always be on the rewarded side. Just ask Jesse and Al. They preach that every day.
Drumpf and the kkk says you will be rewarded as well.

MAKAVELI

Will take it anyway I can get it. I worked hard for it. Unlike your demographic, I don't depend on handouts and government assistance for my livelihood.
Actually your demographic takes the lions share of handouts. Both on Wall St and Main St.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is why we have the money and the power. Except for the players in the NBA. They have money but not a lick of sense.
Will take it anyway I can get it. I worked hard for it. Unlike your demographic, I don't depend on handouts and government assistance for my livelihood.

I'll make a rare appearance here to call you out as an absolute liar and hypocrite. First, stop lying about me. I have never said I'm worth "9 million dollars". Jesus, why would I even bother working. Second, your beloved GOP is already hard at work dismantling SS. Third, you DON'T have 2 pensions. You have one CRAP pension and ONE annuity. I'm sorry you don't know the difference. So stop misleading people and go educate yourself about your own reality here at FedEx.

It's obvious your head is straight up your ass.

Oldfart

I'll make a rare appearance here to call you out as an absolute liar and hypocrite. First, stop lying about me. I have never said I'm worth "9 million dollars". Jesus, why would I even bother working. Second, your beloved GOP is already hard at work dismantling SS. Third, you DON'T have 2 pensions. You have one CRAP pension and ONE annuity. I'm sorry you don't know the difference. So stop misleading people and go educate yourself about your own reality here at FedEx.

It's obvious your head is straight up your ass.
You said you could buy me twice. Then changed that to you were worth more than 10 times what I was and your house was worth more than 1 mil. 10 times my net worth puts you at 9 million. Were YOU LYING

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
But you're talking about FedEx, I'm talking about an overall better business environment for the country. Create an environment where people can leave FedEx for better opportunities and watch the upper echelons start kissing our rears. When they have you over a barrel is when they treat you badly.
OK. I misunderstood there.

I'm all for what you're saying but I'm afraid it's gonna take some kind of revolution and a lot of time.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
With the exception of a very few, I have never experienced that. I guess these people got to where they are by being able to judge character of whom they speak with. Most likely what happened when they talked to you.
'Ya know, the more you post the more I believe you're not a courier at all. Just one of Fred's flunkies.

Oldfart

'Ya know, the more you post the more I believe you're not a courier at all. Just one of Fred's flunkies.
Wish we could bet on that. I have probably forgotten more about being a courier than you know. Old age will make you forget things.

vantexan

We haven't even made it to next years raise and here you are thinking and praising FedEx for keeping a pay scale? Haven't you learned anything in all your years?
They have to start somewhere. How many times in the Internet Age do you think they can institute a new pay plan they have no intention to honor before it's everywhere that they're con artists? They were already in deep trouble trying to retain newhires. Have you looked at JCATS? This is the first year since I've been with them, may have done it last year, where they didn't have a hiring freeze this time of year. Always used to freeze hiring every year.