New Here at Fedex

MAKAVELI

They have to start somewhere. How many times in the Internet Age do you think they can institute a new pay plan they have no intention to honor before it's everywhere that they're con artists? They were already in deep trouble trying to retain newhires. Have you looked at JCATS? This is the first year since I've been with them, may have done it last year, where they didn't have a hiring freeze this time of year. Always used to freeze hiring every year.
Because it's FedEx's MO. Until proven wrong everyone should believe that the rug is going to to be pulled out from beneath them. It's what they do.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You said you could buy me twice. Then changed that to you were worth more than 10 times what I was and your house was worth more than 1 mil. 10 times my net worth puts you at 9 million. Were YOU LYING

What is your actual net worth? My house is probably worth more than a million if I use comps from my local area. The rest of my net worth would also have to include my wife since I live in a community property state. So, I'm "worth" somewhere between 2 and 3 million on paper, which is irrelevant because I can't touch my 401k (too young), and selling my house would be a wash if I want to live in the same area. I'd only benefit if I moved to an area where homes were cheap. I don't want to live anywhere close to you, which is presumably some Southern state or RTW GOP paradise.

Whatever the case, I'll take my intellect over any number you decide to pull out of your butt. I wish I was worth $9M.

Oldfart

Because it's FedEx's MO. Until proven wrong everyone should believe that the rug is going to to be pulled out from beneath them. It's what they do.
You really need to quit getting your news from BET and Facebook. It is making you delusional.

Oldfart

What is your actual net worth? My house is probably worth more than a million if I use comps from my local area. The rest of my net worth would also have to include my wife since I live in a community property state. So, I'm "worth" somewhere between 2 and 3 million on paper, which is irrelevant because I can't touch my 401k (too young), and selling my house would be a wash if I want to live in the same area. I'd only benefit if I moved to an area where homes were cheap. I don't want to live anywhere close to you, which is presumably some Southern state or RTW GOP paradise.

Whatever the case, I'll take my intellect over any number you decide to pull out of your butt. I wish I was worth $9M.
10 times me would put you at over 9 million and growing while debt free . So you were lying when you said you were worth 10 times me. Go figure.

vantexan

But why did they do it? They were trying to maintain profits while building up Ground so Express employees got hammered. Now that Ground can take care of itself as well as the cost cutting measures being implemented at Express, they now have the money to pay better and they really have no choice. They're having too much turnover and they can no longer count on having enough veterans to see them through. More and more old timers are retiring. It's not out of the kindness of their hearts, it's a business decision.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
10 times me would put you at over 9 million and growing while debt fr ee . So you were lying when you said you were worth 10 times me. Go figure.

So you say. You say a lot of things, most of which are complete horse crap, like your little rant about Conservative Values. I've grown tired of debating the Right Wing morons who abound on this site, and the Smith lovers like you that aren't smart enough to see that your beloved Weasel continues to rape you and steal you blind.

The election results have put The Weasel in complete charge of the hen house. He has a penthouse right above the chickens and can raid them at-will.

If you were as bright as a chicken, you'd get it, but you're not.

See you all when the site gets a bit more intelligent and less Uber Right.

Oldfart

So you say. You say a lot of things, most of which are complete horse crap, like your little rant about Conservative Values. I've grown tired of debating the Right Wing morons who abound on this site, and the Smith lovers like you that aren't smart enough to see that your beloved Weasel continues to rape you and steal you blind.

The election results have put The Weasel in complete charge of the hen house. He has a penthouse right above the chickens and can raid them at-will.

If you were as bright as a chicken, you'd get it, but you're not.

See you all when the site gets a bit more intelligent and less Uber Right.
Is that an admission that you lied? Kinda hard to tell.

Southeast Hoss

That is almost minimum wage, I repeat minimum wage, how sad.
Saying Ground driver's compensation is half of UPS driver's compensation is being awfully generous. UPS drivers make around $34/hr, have a great pension, lots of paid vacation, and the best health benefits you can find. The Ground drivers in my area make $110/ day for an average of 10 hrs or so a day, no pension, no health benefits, and very little if any vacation.

!Retired!

They have to start somewhere. How many times in the Internet Age do you think they can institute a new pay plan they have no intention to honor before it's everywhere that they're con artists? They were already in deep trouble trying to retain newhires. Have you looked at JCATS? This is the first year since I've been with them, may have done it last year, where they didn't have a hiring freeze this time of year. Always used to freeze hiring every year.
FedEx hasn't given raises the same way in 12-13 years. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year. Also, when you apply for a position in JCATS, the station you're in will hold you for 30 days, which means you won't start n the new station until next year.

vantexan

FedEx hasn't given raises the same way in 12-13 years. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year. Also, when you apply for a position in JCATS, the station you're in will hold you for 30 days, which means you won't start n the new station until next year.
But it remains that they're allowing mgrs to continue the hiring process, something they didn't used to do before Peak. It's not about getting them in by Peak, it's about not delaying the process any longer than it already takes because stations need people.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To think that I started this thread as just a new hire package handler introduction

Here's your answer. Quit FedEx, apply at UPS, and pay your dues as a handler/sorter there. If you want to stay in this business and make a decent living, it isn't going to happen at FedEx.

If you really want to work for The Weasel, get hired at Express, get RTD training, and then leave for a better job.

This is the gospel truth.

bbsam

Staff member
But it remains that they're allowing mgrs to continue the hiring process, something they didn't used to do before Peak. It's not about getting them in by Peak, it's about not delaying the process any longer than it already takes because stations need people.
Van, if they have reason to bend the couriers over, they will. Take your raise this year. They'll get it back in crappies insurance next year. It's a shell game in which only the bottom line is assured a raise.

Oldfart

Here's your answer. Quit FedEx, apply at UPS, and pay your dues as a handler/sorter there. If you want to stay in this business and make a decent living, it isn't going to happen at FedEx.

If you really want to work for The Weasel, get hired at Express, get RTD training, and then leave for a better job.

This is the gospel truth.
Dont listen to this guy. He is a miserable old fool who hasnt had a happy thought or a happy ending since Carter was president. Tells so many untruths even he cant keeo up with them. Tells people to quit yet he punches in everyday. Giives him something else to be miserable about.

vantexan

Van, if they have reason to bend the couriers over, they will. Take your raise this year. They'll get it back in crappies insurance next year. It's a shell game in which only the bottom line is assured a raise.
Right now they have a system in place that'll top couriers out in 9 years. I didn't say that FedEx was run by nice and fair people. All I'm saying is that if a new hire tops out in 9 years he can have a decent life, and it's a far sight better than we had it for more than a decade. I looked for a decent job in Tucson before I got rehired. A lot of $8-$12hr jobs with few if any benefits. A person can do much worse than FedEx. It is what it is.