New telematics reports

upsgrunt

We had a large meeting the day before our virtual. We were all told to scan the packages in the truck and stop complete at the door. This way we would get credit for the distance walked.

We lost 24 hours of time as a center.

We were told the same thing and I took it 1 step farther. For several days, I held the diad in my hand and, whenever I could, while walking to stops would make the biggest arm circles possible to and from. Realistically, the diad traveled farther than I walked and theoretically, I got more time for distance walked. I can neither confirm or deny that it made any difference. I cannot complain too much about the time allowances on my route though- more often than not they edge toward fair.

ducktape

We were told the same thing and I took it 1 step farther. For several days, I held the diad in my hand and, whenever I could, while walking to stops would make the biggest arm circles possible to and from. Realistically, the diad traveled farther than I walked and theoretically, I got more time for distance walked. I can neither confirm or deny that it made any difference. I cannot complain too much about the time allowances on my route though- more often than not they edge toward fair.
This is the most ridiculous
thing I've ever heard!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Easiest thing to do is put diad in back pocket in my opinion. That is if your not stuck in the 70s n 80s with tightasczz shorts jacked up to your breastisis lmfao, like some of these old heads be rockin lmfao.

Please allow me to translate this for the older Caucasian population:

It is rather easy, in my unassuming opinion, to use one's rear pocket of the trousers as a transit for the DIAD. Elders may find this somewhat troublesome to do, particularly if they sport styles of previous decades. Styles that wore in a tight manner or are sported high on the waist are most apt for failure.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Please allow me to translate this for the older Caucasian population:

It is rather easy, in my unassuming opinion, to use one's rear pocket of the trousers as a transit for the DIAD. Elders may find this somewhat troublesome to do, particularly if they sport styles of previous decades. Styles that wore in a tight manner or are sported high on the waist are most apt for failure.
20045823698.gif

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We had a large meeting the day before our virtual. We were all told to scan the packages in the truck and stop complete at the door. This way we would get credit for the distance walked.

There are times when we have these kind of meetings. They do it to set you guys up. For their benefit. Not yours. When it comes to production. I've been doing this for 27 plus yrs. Everytime I get a ride along. After the day is completed. They say everything all day was perfect. They couldn't find one thing to "gig " me on. Do not trust them on production advice

Rainman

Its all good.
Always stop complete at the door, if for no other reason than the GPS stamp will say that is where the package is delivered. Otherwise, if the GPS stamp says at the street and the package is missing, you could end up buying it. Probably nothing would happen, but I've seen too many of my coworkers have to pay for packages through the years. That's not for me. I stop complete everything as close to the delivery point as possible. CYA for me.

jaker

trolling
I use the pouch , but what I did was cut up another one so I could hang mine lower . So instead of pulling my arm up to grab it now it sits right at arm's length

It sits Kinda like a where you would wear a thigh gun holster

d-rek357

One disadvantage to scanning at the door as a cover driver is hearing that beep after you scan and seeing "beware of animal" on the top of the screen. Nothing like seeing the dog standing between you and the truck.

I now notice that little n at the far left almost every time or I scan in the truck and stop complete at the door.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One disadvantage to scanning at the door as a cover driver is hearing that beep after you scan and seeing "beware of animal" on the top of the screen. Nothing like seeing the dog standing between you and the truck.

I now notice that little n at the far left almost every time or I scan in the truck and stop complete at the door.
There's a route I deliver that has two notes.

Note 1: beware of animal. Do not get out of truck.

Note 2: DR all packages inside breezeway.

AKCoverMan

Must be nice , the people in the office love putting notes in our diads for everything
Customer on a route I have covered for years..custom auto sound and alarm place. For years have always entered via the shop but recently when delivering there,got two notes on DIAD: "Enter thru front door only" followed by "Del to FRONT DOOR only".

I figured there had been some issue with going thru the shop so I started hand carting stuff thru the showroom. They often get stuff cod and the owner writes the checks in his office. After a couple days covering that route one week he mentioned that I was welcome to come thru the shop instead of the showroom. So I told him about the notes in the DIAD. He owns the place and had no clue where they came from and really preferred us coming thru the shop especially with hand cart.

No idea where the notes came from...

FTBrown

We were told that w GPS you get from the center of the road to the delivery point. Makes sense if you scan and DR at delivery location, that would be the distance you were given. Your sups were idiots.
No such thing as production standards.
maybe not, but if you get a ride and don't beat it,you will be held to it. You can think nothing will happen but I've seen guys fired, sit at home for a month and not get there pay back. Yeah they have their job, but also have a record and a target.

you are supposed to know your stop before you get there.