News Quiz

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Jul 19, 2008.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Try this news quiz and see how you fare............ I got 11 out of 12 right. Not bad for a non-collegiate!

Shortcut to:
  2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

12 out of 12 :happy2:

The only ones that might be a little tricky were the the Iraq casualties and the DOW, each had an answer that was pretty close to the correct number.
  3. moreluck

I missed #12......I was going gangbusters 'til then !!
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I missed two:
    What the Dow was closer to, and

Actually, I feel pretty good. I got 83% and the average American only got 50%.
  5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I missed the federal reserve one, I only got ********* right coz Over missed it!!! I was unsure of the dow since it was up last week, but I guessed. So I didnt do all that well:angry:
  6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

I was tripped up on the question about Serbia. I couldn't remember if it was Chechnya or Kosovo.
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Oops, that was dumb of me!!! Tooner, can you edit that answer out of my post?

8. moreluck

Current Events Quiz

National results indicate that the majority of Americans don't know what is going on in their country.
    It is astonishing that so many people got less than half of the questions right. The results say that 80% of the voting public are clueless about current events. That's pretty scary but not at all surprising.

There are no trick questions in this test -- Either you know the answer or you don't. It will give you an idea whether or not you are current on your information data base.

Click here: Test Your News IQ - Pew Research Center
  9. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

10 of 13 here.
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I also got 10 of 13. I thought I did bad yet was still better than 85% of others.
  11. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Got 9 out of ten, better than 75%, and I am not a big news guy. Have it on in the background, and I guess it seeps through my thick skull.
  12. moreluck

The Dow question was really need to know your "dips".
    I missed 3.
  13. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

11 of 13 correct
  14. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

How could you get 11 out of 12 when there was 13 questions?

Lasted edited by : Feb 9, 2014
  15. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Previous years quiz. I miswrote was 9 of 13.
  16. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

I'm so awesome! I could lie and say I got them all right, but I'll tell the truth… I only got 4 right - haha!

Oh well, I very rarely watch news anymore - much too depressing.
  17. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

I missed the one about the Supreme Court Justice and the chart of the stock market from 2008 to 2013.

news quiz.png
  18. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

Well it's clear that I'm the dummy in this thread (and probably the rest). It's okay though, someone has to cross the finish line last. :happy-very:
  19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

kats have their uses also
  20. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

You're not a dummy. We have the radio on in the background all day and they do news every half hour. I'm not usually paying attention but I guess it soaks in anyway.