NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

DS

Fenderbender
Yea I'm dissappointed in the stars.
Like the announcer said,it looks like a road hockey game when you were a kid playing with your older brothers friends and you hardly ever get to touch the ball.
You may be right Haz,but if Dallas can't' do it I'm going for the pens.

HazMatMan

Yea I'm dissappointed in the stars.
Like the announcer said,it looks like a road hockey game when you were a kid playing with your older brothers friends and you hardly ever get to touch the ball.
You may be right Haz,but if Dallas can't' do it I'm going for the pens.
I'm surprised you are not going for Detroit, it's the closest team to Canada. Finals I think will be Penguins/Red Wings, Red Wings will take it in 7.

HazMatMan

If you UPS it, it'll show up with one bottle out of 6 intact. I ordered, ironically enough, a nice frame for a collectable hockey jersey. The first one, despite being packed in styrofoam and miles of bubblewrap, arrived shattered. The replacement one, which was wrapped professionally at the UPS customer counter, also arrived shattered. The third one came FedEx, in perfect shape.
Don't you know the big flat boxes for frames get stepped on at UPS??

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Just back from the Sunshine state or should I say firestorm state. How about the Pens!! Will it be the Pens & Red Wings going for Lord Stanleys Cup?

DS

Fenderbender
Just back from the Sunshine state or should I say firestorm state. How about the Pens!! Will it be the Pens & Red Wings going for Lord Stanleys Cup?
Yes it will,and its gonna be a battle.
Haz
I can't send beer cuz uncle sam will confiscate it.
I can send you a rare comic book.I have lots.
How about Sgt.Fury and his howling commandos #15
from 1968,or maybe an old superman?

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I'll bet you that Dallas will NOT win the Cup. They don't have Brett Hull to kick in the series winner this time. :happy2:

It wasn't kicked in, he was in the crease. Anyway, big win for big D tonight, but look for the Wings to win game 5 and eventually beat the Penguins in 6 games to win the cup. Thats my prediction, and I will bet anyone a case of Lucky Lager who is bold enough to challenge it.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Anyone watching or listening to the Pens/Flyers game. The Pens just played their worst period of playoff hockey. 3-0 Flyers

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Flyers prevailed tonight..4-2. Next game on Sunday in the 'Burgh! Let's hope we can send the Flyers to the golf course!!

Average at Best

Flyers prevailed tonight..4-2. Next game on Sunday in the 'Burgh! Let's hope we can send the Flyers to the golf course!!

I'll be there! In a related note, does anyone else think that the announcers on Versus suck? During the game last night, Letang (I think) got a penalty but they NEVER ADDRESSED IT! One minute it's even strength, the next minute the Flyers are on a power play. Ugh. And how come the Versus announcers are in love with the Flyers? If the Pens are playing well and spanking the Flyers, it's because Timmo is out. But if it's the Flyers playing well, it's because they are the most awesome team in the history of the world. How many times did I hear the words "brilliant" and "genius" last night in regards to the goons from Philly?

Oh yes what a schooling the pens gave the flyers this weekend !!! The pens are in !!! Now the stars are giving the red wings a run for their money. Can the stars do the impossible ???

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I'd like to see the Stars thrash the Red Wings mainly cause Osgood takes cheap shots at the other teams players when he thinks nobody's looking! (Last weekends game butt end of the stick to the face). If the Pens were to play the Wings I might be tempted to drive to Detroit to cheer them on there too!

Average at Best

The Pens are off to Detroit for the 1st game on Saturday night! Go Pens!

Hear, hear! I have Penguin season tickets, and in honor of my team and all the rough times we've been through (remember when Steve McKenna was the best player on the team?), I am foregoing my family's memorial day festivities and traveling to Detroit to cheer on the Pens and hopefully not get gunned down.

DS

Fenderbender
Yea man the pens have come a long way and they deserve the cup,its amazing to watch crosby , malkin ,gonchar,and hossa,with those tape to tape passes.Mario Lemieux also deserves some credit for never giving up.You can thank us up here in the big smoke for Roberts and Gill...go pens

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Since the Pens didn't play the Wings this year what should we watch for besides Osgood & the butt end of his stick? Do you fans still bring octupii to throw on the ice?

ImpactedTSG

Being from Pittsburgh and a Pens fan since I was in 6th grade I am obviously picking the Pens, but honestly I think they have a better team. The Pens have a better group of forwards, the wings are slightly better on D, and Fleury is better than Osgood any day of the week. The Red Wings had the best record in the regular season, but don't forget the Pens now are not the same as in the regular season. Crosby missed a bunch of games with an ankle injury and we now have Hossa. The Pens will split in Detroit, win both in the Burgh, lose game 5, and finish it up at home in game 6.